Hanoi (VNA) – A ceremony was held on January 13 to honour 21 organisations and individuals with outstanding contributions to wildlife conservation in Vietnam during the 2010 – 2020 period.
In his remarks, Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Vo Tuan Nhan said the event aimed to acknowledge conservation initiatives and solutions and encourage further contributions to the protection of bio diversity in the time to come.
On behalf of the eight honoured organisations, Prof. Dr. Nguyen Quang Truong from the Institute of Ecology and Biological Resources, said it is the first honour programme dedicated to wildlife conservation.
He considered it an occasion for the society to think about the works of scientists and conservators in the field.
Over the past decade, Truong's institute detected more than 600 new species in Vietnam.
Representing 13 individuals honourees, Nguyen Van Thai, Director of Save Vietnam's Wildlife – SVW, said the award will inspire Vietnamese people so that each person will contribute a little to make a big change for the country, creating a more livable environment, safe forests, and protected wildlife.
Also among these individuals, Vo Manh Hung, a reporter from the Vietnam News Agency's online newspaper VietnamPlus, said he is honoured and encouraged to work harder in the journey ahead. Hung has accompanied forest rangers and competent agencies in rescuing thousands of wild animals across the nation over the past years.
According to the department of nature conservation and biodiversity under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, about 51,400 species have so far been detected in Vietnam./.
- Millionaire wildlife conservation board member poses with leopard he just killed
- Liverpool will host this year's Gay Times Honours for the first time ever
- Poignant peace ceremony held in wake of shootings across borough
- Candle of Remembrance ceremony held at Ukrainian American Cultural Center of N.J.
- 'London Zoo's annual weighing of its animals could be a huge help to conservation in the wild'
- Wildlife Research Centrefor peaceful coexistence
- William meets Namibia’s vice president as part of conservation trip
- READ IN FULL: Theresa May's speech to the 2018 Conservative Party conference
- Wildlife Trust chief faces calls to quit over hunting and shooting sponsorships
- Letters: Extremists have already taken hold of the Conservative Party
- Corbyn could face probe over not declaring trip to wreath ceremony
- Myanmar torches $1.3m of illegal wildlife parts
- Hertfordshire’s wildlife celebrated at Panshanger Park festival
- Theresa May's Conservative party conference speech
- Royal wedding latest: Ceremony under way for Eugenie and Jack
- Merchant Navy will be honoured in Barry
- Naturalist launches manifesto for wildlife
- Yorkshire Water told to choose between hunting and conservation
- William to visit Africa to promote fight against illegal wildlife trade
- ‘Lost’ Harborough soldier is finally honoured
Ceremony held for first time to honour wildlife conservators have 468 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 13, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.