The event was held via video teleconference by the Embassy of Vietnam in Canada and the Canada – Vietnam Association to celebrate the Vietnamese traditional New Year.
It is the time to welcome the spring and be thankful for what have united the Vietnamese and Canadian people, PM Trudeau said.
In his remarks at the event, Ambassador Pham Cao Phong highlighted the growing relations between the two countries last year despite challenges caused by COVID-19. A joint economic committee was established two weeks earlier to further facilitate the bilateral trade and investment, he said.
He also emphasized contribution of Vietnamese-Canadian business leaders to lifting the two-way trade by 19 percent in 2022.
The Government and people of Vietnam will redouble efforts to boost the economic growth and maintain peace and national security this year as Vietnam eyes to become a new "tiger" of the region, the diplomat said.
This goal can only be achieved through international cooperation, Phong said, underscoring the importance of the increasing Vietnam – Canada economic linkages to realising the goal.
- Canadian PM Justice Trudeau’s wife tests positive for coronavirus
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau becomes the first world leader to go into coronavirus ISOLATION as his wife tests positive following visit to the UK
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi extends Holi greetings to the nation
- President Kovind, PM Modi extend Holi greetings to the nation
- Coronavirus latest: Canadian PM Trudeau's wife tests positive for COVID-19
- Canadian ‘first-aid’ man helps the have-nots around Ho Chi Minh City
- President Ram Nath Kovind, Home Minister Amit Shah extend greetings on Women’s Day
- Coronavirus: Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s wife tests positive
- Parliament LIVE: Post Feb 25 no riots took place, attempts to politicise Delhi riots, says Amit Shah
- Vietnamese artist disinvited from UK art fair over racist 'anxiety'
- Coronavirus: Ottawa urges all Canadians to come home while they can
- Justin Trudeau announces sweeping steps to tackle coronavirus in Canada
- Canada PM's wife tests positive for new coronavirus
- Coronavirus update: PM advises against mass gatherings, Peter Dutton tests positive, Justin Trudeau's wife infected
- The gloves are off! Queen ditches the mitts to greet Maltese President at Buckingham Palace... 24 hours after covering hands amid coronavirus fears
- Signing Off, Says PM as He Hands Over Social Media Accounts to 7 'Achievers' to Mark Women's Day
- Women's T20 World Cup: PM Modi extends best wishes to India, Australia ahead of final
- Coronavirus news LIVE: UK cases close to 600 as nation enters delay phase of pandemic response
- Canada Welcomes Syrian Refugees; Some U.S. States Still Trying to Figure Out How to Keep Them Out
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry greet Prince William and Kate Middleton with a brief 'hello' in their first public meeting since Megxit - as they bow out of royal life at the Queen's Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey
Canadian PM extends Tet greetings to Vietnamese living in Canada have 450 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 12, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.