HCM CITY — The world's most respected music chart, Billboard, comes to Việt Nam on January 14, offering Vietnamese a doorway to the international music landscape.
Billboard Vietnam will be launched with two flagship charts, Billboard Vietnam Hot 100 encompassing global music and Billboard Vietnam Top Vietnamese Songs.
The charts will expose Vietnamese music and artists to an international audience while displaying the impact of international acts within Việt Nam. They will be featured on Billboard.com , further enabling artist discovery by the global community.
Both charts rank the most popular songs in the country based on a weighted formula incorporating official-only streams on both subscription and ad-supported tiers of leading audio and video music services and download sales from top music retailers, provided by MRC Data.
"Music Charts are one of the most important validations that artists can receive from fans" Billboard Vietnam CEO, Myke Brown, said.
"We are excited that the Vietnamese music culture can unite and shine with artists around the world under a standardised metric for our music industry."
Billboard first appeared in 1940 and its rankings have grown to become the most accurate and respected measure of success for artists and their music.
The Billboard Hot 100, introduced in 1958, and Billboard 200, launched in 1956, have been the barometer of success for artists, songs and albums in the US for decades and resonate globally.
Fans play a vital role in the Billboard Vietnam music charts since their support counts for streams, views and sales of music. VNS
- Instagram introduces ‘Reels’ option in Viet Nam
- GALAXY STUDIO BECOMES THE EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR OF THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS’ THEATRICAL RELEASES IN VIET NAM
- Fitch revises Viet Nam's outlook to positive, affirms rating at 'BB'
- Viet Nam Expo 2021 connects more than 300 firms
- Viet Nam-UK trade deal to officially take effect from May
- Viet Nam, India share strategic, comprehensive partnership
- Vingroup to officially launch Vsmart Star 5 - a smartphone with pioneered free 4G DATA service in Viet Nam
- BLACKPINK's ROSÉ becomes first K-Pop solo star to top Billboard Global Charts with 'On The Ground'
- K-pop act Brave Girls extends winning streak on music charts
- Australia, UNICEF provide A$13.5 million to support COVID-19 vaccine delivery in Viet Nam
- BTS reclaims top spot on Billboard singles chart after 2 weeks at No. 2
- Rosé of Black Pink Conquers Billboard Global Charts with Debut Solo Song
- Digital transformation expected to keep Viet Nam M&A market humming
- IHG to bring more hotel brands to Viet Nam
- Apple Music launches city-focused music charts, including Kuala Lumpur
- TV show featuring street musical performances goes viral
- Việt Nam-based band achieves international recognition from Spotify
- Vietnamese YouTuber brings Việt Nam’s pride to Angola
- Việt Nam’s peacekeeping force wins high appreciation
- Việt Nam will continue making new miracles: new State President
Billboard music charts come to Việt Nam have 481 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 13, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.