HCM CITY — Vietnamese author Nguyễn Nhật Ánh has released a new book titled Ra Bờ Suối Ngắm Hoa Kèn Hồng .
Ra Bờ Suối Ngắm Hoa Kèn Hồng (Going to the Stream to See Pink Lilies) is the fifth book by Ánh with funny animals as the main characters, after his previous novels such as "Tôi là Bêtô" (I am Beto), Có Hai Con Mèo Ngồi Bên Cửa Sổ (There Are Two Cats Sitting by the Window), Chúc Một Ngày Tốt Lành" (Have a Good Day), Con Chó Nhỏ Mang Giỏ Hoa Hồng" (The Little Dog Carrying a Basket of Roses).
The 336-page book contains lessons about compassion, honesty, friendship, and courage that can defeat cruelty and bad habits.
Ánh revealed, during the time of composing, his soul was heavily affected when many of his friends died from COVID-19. So writing this book was a way for him to revive himself.
“I started writing this book in March 2021,” Ánh said.
“I chose to write about animals to find peace, although before that I was thinking of another book. The innocent, bustling, joyful world of funny animals helps my soul regain balance. For me it is like spiritual therapy. I hope that readers when reading this book will also find peace and warmth in these days.”
The writer also collaborated with Trẻ (Youth) Publishing House and Sài Gòn Zoo and Botanical Garden to implement a series of meaningful activities such as giving badges to readers when visiting the zoo, donating food to the Douc langur, a rare endemic primate species in Việt Nam at the zoo from now until the Lunar New Year, which falls on February 1 this year.
According to Nguyễn Thành Nam, deputy director of Trẻ Publishing House, Ra Bờ Suối Ngắm Hoa Kèn Hồng were officially released nationwide on Sunday with 100,000 copies, including 80,000 paperback copies and 20,000 special hardcover copies.
The hardcover edition is printed in full colour with illustrations of animals and published only once. In addition, there will be special gifts attached to the book such as bookmarks, cards and mini version of the book Út Quyên và Tôi (Út Quyên and I).
Ánh began writing in 1984 and is known for his simple style and accurate depiction of children's minds.
His best-selling works in the 1990s, such as Kính Vạn Hoa (Kaleidoscope) and Thằng Quỷ Nhỏ (The Mischievous Boy), are still popular today.
In 2007, Ánh’s Cho Tôi Xin Một Vé Đi Về Tuổi Thơ (Ticket to Childhood) was a hit and sold more than 20,000 copies in the first weeks of its release.
It won the Southeast Asian Writers Award presented by the Thai royal family in 2010. It has been translated into Thai and published by Thailand-based publisher Nanmee Books.
In 2019, his teen romance novel Mắt Biếc (Dreamy Eyes) was adapted to film and recently won the Golden Lotus for Feature Film at the 22nd Viêt Nam Film Festival. — VNS
- Five minutes with: Best-selling author, and prolific TV and radio presenter, Stuart Maconie
- Best-selling author Pat's life at start of a new chapter
- Best-selling author Anita Shreve dies
- Doncaster bookseller who starred in best-selling novel lands new job with London publisher
- Falkirk crime author launches latest book at Behind the Wall
- Evolution and longevity of theatre company celebrated in new book
- Bill Clinton turns novelist with new book
- Hamleys launches new floor dedicated to Harry Potter – but the prices aren’t cheap
- Starling bank launches new vertical debit card – and here’s how it could protect you from fraud
- The 13 books every young liberal should read
- Gydja Collection founder to release entrepreneur book alongside Jack Canfield
- The Next Big Thing co-written by Sigrun Lilja of Gydja Collection hits amazon.com ‘Best Seller’ list
- Rare colour Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit 50p coin selling for up to £760 on eBay – do you have one?
- Edinburgh Book Festival line-up revealed
- Book-lovers ‘spellbound’ as resort’s sixth festival is hailed a great success
- ‘Read Yourself Well’ scheme launched
- TV actor in Eastbourne book launch
- Meghan Markle’s favourite books revealed… including glossy Vogue tomes and A LOT of self-help manuals
- Philip Roth Dead: American Pastoral Author Dies Aged 85
- What are Philip Roth’s best books? From American Pastoral and Portnoy’s Complaint to Goodbye, Columbus
Best-selling author Nguyễn Nhật Ánh launches new book have 781 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.