Australia coach Graham Arnold is set to miss their crucial World Cup qualifier against Vietnam on Thursday after returning a positive test for COVID-19, Football Australia said.
Arnold has gone into isolation ahead of the game in Melbourne and will be replaced on the sidelines by his assistant, Rene Meulensteen.
“Arnold — who is fully vaccinated, received a booster 10 days ago, and is asymptomatic — immediately isolated from Socceroos staff after returning the result upon his arrival into Melbourne late last week,” the governing body said in a statement on Sunday.
“Socceroos staff already in Melbourne have also been isolating over the past two days and have since undertaken three rounds of PCR testing.”
Australia are third in Group B of Asia’s World Cup preliminaries. Only the top two finishers are guaranteed to advance to the finals in Qatar later this year.
Saudi Arabia lead the standings with 16 points, four ahead of Japan with the Australians a further point adrift.
After taking on Vietnam on Thursday Australia travel to Muscat to face Oman on Feb. 1.
- WATCH: Virginia Tech CB Caleb Farley addresses positive COVID-19 test
- How MLB plans to handle positive COVID-19 tests; and other notable measures in league's 101-page safety manual
- Phillies vs. Blue Jays series postponed after Philadelphia announces two positive COVID-19 tests
- Arturo Vidal hospitalised after positive COVID-19 test
- Man City defender Joao Cancelo pulls out of Portugal’s Euro 2020 squad after positive Covid-19 test
- Huddersfield’s clash with Wigan in doubt following positive Covid-19 tests
- Warning of loopholes in Covid-19 testing in Vietnam
- Vietnam accelerates Covid-19 testing: Official
- Vietnam warns against use of unregulated Covid-19 test kits
- Local engineer creates air-conditioned COVID-19 testing booth
- Health Ministry receives 10,000 COVID-19 test kits
- Health DG: Malaysia meets WHO benchmark on daily Covid-19 tests
- India creates new global record, conducts 20 lakh COVID-19 tests in single day
- Taiwan struggles with COVID-19 testing backlog amid largest outbreak
- Vietnam to purchase COVID-19 vaccines for children
- Vietnam confirms six Covid-19 community transmissions
- Premier League release highest COVID-19 test results
- COVID-19 testing for workers at industrial parks
- Vietnam reports 55th COVID-19-related death
- Vietnam confirms 50th Covid-19 death
Australia coach Arnold set to miss Vietnam game after positive COVID-19 test have 333 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.