In a report sent to the Ministry of Transport, CAAV said that overcrowding has occurred at the two airports in recent days and many flights have been delayed.
“On January 23, as many as 25 flights were delayed at Tan Son Nhat Airport airport,” CAAV said. “We've asked local airlines to adjust flight times on some routes to ease overcrowding at some peak hours. Airlines are also encouraged to arrange more night flights.”
According to CAAV, Tan Son Nhat Airport has been allowed to operate a maximum of 24 domestic flights per hour during the Lunar New Year Holiday. Meanwhile, the number of flights operated per hour allowed in Noi Bai Airport during this time is 17.
“Tan Son Nhat Airport operated 19 flights during the peak hour (between 11am-11.59am) on January 23, and 22 flights during the peak hour of January 24,” CAAV said.
The country’s two biggest airports have become more crowded in recent days due to increasing amounts of travel around the Lunar New Year Holiday.
Vietnam Airlines Group, which operate Vietnam Airlines, Pacific Airlines and VASCO, said on January 17 that flights on many air routes have seen their occupancy rates ranging from 70 to 90 percent in recent days as many people began to make the journey home for the Lunar New Year.
The group observed that this year, passengers have chosen to depart sooner instead of waiting until a few days before Tet like in previous years. A large number of flights with schedules falling between January 17 and 23 now have most of their seats booked.
The 2022 Lunar New Year holiday, the longest and most important holiday in Vietnam, lasts from January 31 through February 4.
- A great time to be on holiday - if only you could go! Europe's tourist hotspots - usually heaving with visitors - are still free from crowds as they begin to reopen their doors
- Delta Airlines will increase flights to keep planes no more than 60% full and passengers able to keep social distance until at least July
- EasyJet will resume domestic flights as well as routes to France and Spain from June 15 - with all passengers and crew told to wear face masks
- Australian domestic travel explained: where can I fly and is it too soon to plan an interstate holiday?
- Qantas decision to fill Australian flights to capacity condemned by infectious disease experts
- British Airways passengers complain about packed flights in Europe and passengers without masks as more airlines restart flights after lockdown
- Bad news for summer holidays: UK DROPS 'air bridges' plan to allow Britons to holiday in low-risk countries and will impose blanket 14 day quarantine for EVERYONE arriving back from abroad
- Coronavirus latest: Spain eases restrictions in big cities
- Coronaphobia grips the nation: Britons shun Boris Johnson's back to work plea because they fear lockdown is being eased too rapidly as a survey reveals most have MORE money in their pockets - especially the public sector
- Hope for summer holidays as Greece becomes first country to offer to waive 14-day quarantine for British tourists and travel firms say they still hope to run holidays from mid-June as minister says UK campsites could REOPEN later in the summer
- “Mistake Fares” Appear to Be Spiking as Airlines Adjust to COVID-19
- NHS worker told he'll only get a 50% voucher for cancelled family holiday
- Coronavirus: EasyJet, Ryanair introduce new rules for travellers with some flights to resume in June
- Which European countries are easing travel restrictions?
- Qantas announces new measures to prepare for travel restrictions easing
- EasyJet weighs up empty middle seats once coronavirus rules ease
- Package holidays could be twice as expensive after coronavirus as social distancing on planes sees average cost rocket
- Qatar Airways gives free international flights to healthcare workers
- Trust in airlines and holiday firms plummets, says Which?
- Could the UK get a bank holiday in OCTOBER? Tourism bosses call for extra day off to help industry recover £37billion in lost trade from coronavirus crisis
Airlines asked to adjust flight time to ease overcrowding around Tet Holiday have 682 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 25, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.