A health worker administers COVID vaccine to an elderly woman in Tuy Hòa City in the central province of Phú Yên. — VNA/VNS Photo Xuân Triệu
HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam registered 16,838 new COVID-19 patients on Tuesday, raising the total since the start of the pandemic to 2,062,128.
Seventy-five of the new infections were imported and the rest domestic. New cases were reported in all 63 provinces and cities across the country.
A total of 12,151 transmissions were detected in the community.
The capital Hà Nội continued to lead the list, with 2,935 cases.
The other infections were recorded in Hải Phòng (1,139), Đà Nẵng (943), Trà Vinh (638), Bình Định (582), Thanh Hóa (544), Bình Phước (514), Khánh Hòa (507), Bắc Ninh (491), Bến Tre (470), Quảng Ngãi (462), Hưng Yên (374), Cà Mau (354), Quảng Ninh (354), Tây Ninh (335), Vĩnh Phúc (305), Hải Dương (302), Quảng Nam (287), Hòa Bình (261), Thừa Thiên Huế (257), Nam Định (249), Vĩnh Long (245), Lâm Đồng (240), Hồ Chí Minh (226), Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (226), Bắc Giang (223), Nghệ An (186), Đắk Lắk (181), Bình Thuận (180), Phú Thọ (166), Bạc Liêu (165), Tuyên Quang (147), Thái Nguyên (132), Thái Bình (124), Kiên Giang (123), Hà Giang (120), Đắk Nông (117), Hậu Giang (105), Yên Bái (100), Kon Tum (98), Hà Nam (98), Lạng Sơn (96), Quảng Bình (96), Ninh Bình (93), Lào Cai (92), Phú Yên (84), Cần Thơ (77), Đồng Tháp (74), Sơn La (69), Gia Lai (62), Điện Biên (54), Tiền Giang (53), Đồng Nai (49), Quảng Trị (45), An Giang (45), Hà Tĩnh (40), Ninh Thuận (38), Bình Dương (37), Long An (35), Lai Châu (33), Sóc Trăng (33), Bắc Kạn (27) Cao Bằng (26).
Việt Nam has registered 70 cases of the Omicron variant so far, all imported cases.
A further 8,692 patients were declared recovered, taking the total given the all-clear to 1,756,154.
A total of 184 fatalities related to COVID-19 were announced, in HCM City (13), Đồng Tháp (30 in two days), Hà Nội (12), Vĩnh Long (12), Kiên Giang (12), Bến Tre (11), An Giang (10), Hậu Giang (9), Cần Thơ (9), Bình Dương (8 ), Sóc Trăng (7), Tiền Giang (7), Bình Phước (6), Đồng Nai (5), Khánh Hòa (4), Tây Ninh (4), Bình Thuận (4), Bạc Liêu (4), Lâm Đồng (3), Trà Vinh (3), Hải Dương (2), Đà Nẵng (2), Bắc Ninh (2), Ninh Bình (1), Cao Bằng (1), Quảng Trị (1), Quảng Ngãi (1) and Cà Mau (1).
Việt Nam has seen 35,972 deaths related to COVID-19 so far, making up 1.7 per of total infections and ranking 25th out of 224 countries and territories worldwide.
More than 170.1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered since the start of the pandemic. — VNS
- The new banned ’19 number plates too rude for the road have been revealed
- 2019 iPhone will have TRIPLE camera system and new 'frosted glass' casing
- 19 things to look forward to in 2019
- Man United's squad has been given a massive upgrade on FIFA 19
- Chinese New Year 2019: When is it and why is it the year of the Pig?
- Chinese New Year: Why 2019 is the Year of the Pig
- Police in Alicante seek more possible victims of new “Wolf Pack” gang
- Outpatient waiting list hits record high
- On the run: New Year’s Day visit to Bexley parkrun
- Brexit chaos delays new law to respond to Graham Dwyer case data ruling
- UK set for hottest February day on record this week
- New lawyer for ex-Nissan boss Ghosn questions handling of case
- Tesco Christmas and New Year shopping opening hours
- Fakenham racecourse preparing for a big New Year’s Day meeting
- 19 simple steps to finally getting the housing crisis under control
- Girl (13) slips prosecutors secretly-recorded video of her father coaching her for trial
- 19 new £160k Bentleys bought in Northern Ireland
- On the run: record field turns up for the Southend parkrun
- Councillor ordered to hand over recorded conversations in hotel planning row
- Number of non-EU workers hits record level while EU figure falls
16,838 new COVID-19 cases recorded on Tuesday have 668 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.