The Ministry of Health announced 15,935 coronavirus infections across Vietnam on Thursday, along with 2,256 hospital discharges and 177 virus-related deaths.
The newest infections, including 34 imported and 15,901 domestic transmissions, were found in 62 provinces and cities, the ministry said, clarifying that 10,912 caught the pathogen in the community.
Hanoi registered 2,805 of the latest local cases, Da Nang 964, Hai Phong City 796, Hung Yen Province 685, Thanh Hoa Province 509, Quang Ninh Province 369, Quang Nam Province 344, Hai Duong Province 341, Thua Thien-Hue Province 280, Lam Dong Province 231, Ho Chi Minh City 227, Ha Nam Province 128, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 127, Son La Province 99, Binh Duong Province 95, Can Tho City 61, and Bac Kan Province 13.
Vietnam had logged 16,637 locally-acquired infections on Thursday.
The country has detected 2,104,196 community transmissions in all its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave erupted on April 27, 2021. More than 1.79 million of them have recovered from COVID-19.
Ho Chi Minh City suffers heavily with 512,422 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 292,180, Dong Nai Province with 99,581, Hanoi with 102,917, Tay Ninh Province with 86,790, Ca Mau Province 54,281, Dong Thap Province with 46,898, Can Tho City with 44,057, Long An Province with 41,268, An Giang Province with 35,219, Tien Giang Province with 35,162, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 30,131, Binh Thuan Province with 28,678, and Da Nang with 23,229.
Vietnam documented only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
Hospitals discharged 2,256 coronavirus patients on Friday, lifting the tally to 1,797,180, according to the health ministry.
The toll has surged to 36,443 mortalities after the ministry added 177 fatalities on the same day, including 33 in Hanoi, 21 in Dong Nai Province, 14 in Soc Trang Province, 13 in Vinh Long Province, and the remaining in 24 other provinces and cities.
Vietnam has recorded 2,110,737 patients, including 133 imported and community-based Omicron infections, a jump of 25 cases compared to Thursday, since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit the country in early 2020.
The Omicron cases consist of 68 in Ho Chi Minh City, 27 in Quang Nam Province, 12 in Hanoi, 11 in Khanh Hoa Province, eight in Da Nang, two in Thanh Hoa Province, two in Quang Ninh Province, one in Hai Duong Province, one in Hai Phong City, and one in Long An Province.
Health workers have administered above 173.7 million vaccine doses, including 1,151,381 shots on Thursday, since vaccination was rolled out nationwide on March 8, 2021.
More than 78.7 million of the country's 98 million people have received at least one dose while over 73.5 million have been jabbed twice.
The number of third doses – including additional primary shots for immunocompromised people, boosters, and third jabs of Cuba's Abdala vaccine has surpassed 21.3 million.
- Vietnam documents 9,889 new coronavirus cases, including 216 in Hanoi
- Vietnam confirms 8,176 new coronavirus cases, 5,257 recovered patients
- Vietnam records 7,646 new coronavirus cases, including 1,009 in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam health ministry announces 6,580 new coronavirus cases, including 100 in Hanoi
- Over 13,000 new coronavirus cases, 137 fatalities reported in Vietnam
- Brazil sets daily record of new coronavirus cases
- Ardern slams Trump's 'surge' comments as NZ records 13 new coronavirus cases
- New Zealand moves election date as 9 new coronavirus cases announced
- Fauci "depressed" U.S. can't get new coronavirus cases down: "We're still in the first surge"
- South Korea Reports More Than 300 New Coronavirus Cases For Fifth Straight Day
- India Reports 73,272 New Coronavirus Cases, 926 Fresh Fatalities
- China reports 17 new coronavirus cases for Nov 20 vs 23 day earlier
- Europe Leads World In New Coronavirus Cases And Infections
- COVID-19: UK records 40,375 new coronavirus cases and 145 deaths
- Germany reports daily high number of new coronavirus cases
- Covid-19: Two more deaths and 1,087 new coronavirus cases
- Covid-19: Four more deaths and 1,164 new coronavirus cases
- Covid-19: Six more deaths and 1,194 new coronavirus cases
- Covid-19: Four more deaths and 1,035 new coronavirus cases
- Covid-19: 11 more deaths and 1,028 new coronavirus cases
15,935 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Vietnam have 587 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.