Hanoi (VNA) – The entire nation is striving to mobilise 1.5 percent of the population to donate 1.5 million blood units this year, heard a January 14 conference held by the national steering committee for blood donation.
At the event to review blood donation campaigns in 2021 and deploy tasks for 2022, President of the Vietnam Red Cross Society (VRCS) Bui Thi Hoa made a series of recommendations toward achieving such targets.
Related offices must build plans to set out quotas suitable to each areas and sectors as well as refresh their communications works in line with the pandemic situation, she stressed, adding further activities should be conducted to raise people's awareness on the benefits and safety of blood donations and to attract more donors, while donation campaigns should be operated safely following pandemic-prevention measures.
According to her, widespread impacts and complicated developments of COVID-19 in 2021 seriously affected the work.
Throughout the year, close to 10,000 blood donation communications and mobilisation campaigns took place, attracting more than 1.5 million participants. More groups joined the donations, including military personnel, civil servants, Buddhist monks and nuns, and religious dignitaries.
As a result, more than 1.3 million blood units were collected nationwide, basically meeting first aid and treatment demand, particularly during COVID-19 outbreaks. Nearly 20,000 blood units were sent to aid cities and provinces in the south as the fourth wave of the pandemic in Vietnam began in April last year./.
- Cisco expects just 422 million 5G connections by 2022
- World Athletics Championships disaster proves why World Cup 2022 is doomed
- Microsoft expands rural broadband push to include 1 million more people
- 'Life-saving' cord-blood center opens
- Here are the biggest analyst calls of the day: Tesla, Alphabet, United Technologies & more
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Goal-starved Man United plan Wilson, Mandzukic moves
- Rajasthan: Congress beats BJP in blood donation race by 8,000 units
- Call of Duty: Mobile Attracted 20 Million Gamers Within 2 Days of Launch: Sensor Tower
- More blood-pressure pills recalled over cancer-causing chemical
- Extinction Rebellion activists use fire engine to spray Treasury with fake blood – VIDEO
- Fraudulent Blood-Testing Firm Theranos, Which Is Still Somehow a Company, Will Soon Be No More
- 2 huge unions, UNITE HERE and SEIU, end year-long feud by dividing up millions of dollars
- A ‘Limited’ Nuclear War Quickly Could Kill 90 Million People
- Joe Biden raises $15.2 million, lagging behind his presidential rivals
- Line Of Duty is the biggest BBC show of year with 11.4 million viewers
- Banksy painting of British lawmakers as chimps sells for millions
- India-Pakistan nuclear war could kill 100 million: Report
- What if Manchester United kept David Moyes for his entire six-year contract?
- Banksy's chimp-depicting "Devolved Parliament" sells for over $12 million
- L.I.'s million-dose man picks suicide over trial
1.5 million blood units to be mobilised in 2022 have 427 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.