Domestic film producers have been still dreaming about the production of Vietnamese animated feature films for the past several years even if the local movie industry has skilled human resources and a bustling market.
|A scene in the animation film, “Con Chim Go” (Wooden Bird).|
The film, “Con Chim Go” (Wooden Bird), produced by Vietnam Animation Joint Stock Company won the Golden Lotus Award and Best First Feature Film Director award at the 22nd Vietnam Film Festival. The film previously scooped top prizes, the Golden Kite Award and Best Director award at the Golden Kite Awards 2020.
Animated movies ranked 2nd among the categories with the largest number of submissions in the 22nd Vietnam Film Festival.
Chairwoman of the board of directors of the Vietnam Animation Joint Stock Company, Tran Thi Thu Hien said that the company has prepared an animation project and planned to kick off the work in 2023 and release the movie in 2025.
In 2028, Director Dinh Kieu Anh Tuan announced a project of an animated feature film titled Hanh Trinh Nhan Qua (A journey of causality) that was set to make its debut in the 2020 summer. But the film is still under production due to some changes in strategy and the ongoing pandemic.
In May, the Cinema Department, under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has organized a contest to search for 90-minute animated film scripts. The competition is expected to create a source of animated film scripts for the animated film production plan in the 2023-2025 period. The award ceremony will take place in December.
According to Ha Huy Hoang, co-founder of the DeeDee Animation Studio, there is a lack of animation movies served for Vietnamese audience. The country’s filmmaking teams have mainly worked in foreign investment projects.
Co-founder of the Colory Animation Studio, Doan Tran Anh Tuan said that a very limited number of animation films can not meet the audience's demand.
The Vietnamese market currently has three areas of animation production, including state-owned agencies, units making movies based on the target volume and studios focusing on building the environment and production process of high-quality products that are not least to international films.
The animated movie production scene in Vietnam have not got any pioneers yet to lay the foundation for a professional production process, said director Le Huy Anh.
The country's animation industry must have the pioneering works in order to attract foreign investors to pour capital into projects while the local filmmaking crews need to take times and concentration to produce a great movies, stressed insiders.
It needs many conditions to produce an animated feature film, including best script, skilled human resources and advanced technology, added Chairwoman of the board of directors of the Vietnam Animation Joint Stock Company, Tran Thi Thu Hien.
Source: Sai Gon Giai Phong
- Chase Elliott ready to face challenges of rookie season
- Peugeot's turnaround driver, Tavares, faces his biggest challenge
- Philip Green's retail empire faces uncertain future without new funds
- Horse industry worries about plans to curb casino subsidies
- Mets gear up to face ‘those 2 animals’ at Dodger Stadium
- Gambling or not, daily fantasy sports faces scrutiny
- Sonnen blasts Silva’s challenge
- Dazzling new hero can’t conquer all of horse racing’s old challenges
- Grizzlies owner wants to face Jordan
- Vols in for challenge vs. South Carolina; more notes
- Jets sign Vick to challenge Smith for QB job
- Cowboys coach says Hardy will not face discipline for outburst
- CFB AM: The time Harbaugh wiped a player’s blood on his own face
- Five Points: Germany show cracks in title chase, Deschamps faces France selection dilemma
- Barcelona coach says Suarez will face Club Leon in friendly
- Watch Ronda Rousey destroy Bethe Correia’s face in claymation showing UFC 190 knockout
- ACC faces many variables on TV channel to rival SEC, Big Ten
- Will leave no stone unturned to make India the best investment destination: PM Modi
- Tycoon fond of parties and expletives: Sir Philip Green profile
- Sir Philip Green's reputation ripped apart in damning report on BHS demise
Vietnamese animation industry facing challenges have 654 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 8, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.