Vietnam will make best efforts to ensure a safe and flexible adaptation to the pandemic as this is essential for the country to set a momentum for higher growth next year.
There should be a detailed plan to ensure adults aged 18 and over are fully vaccinated by mid-December, along with ongoing efforts to provide jabs for children over 12.
|Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh at the meeting. Source: VNA|
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh gave the remarks at a monthly government meeting held today [December 2], noting vaccination remains a key solution to control the pandemic.
"Government agencies are tasked with drafting a plan to administer a booster shot for the people," Chinh said, stressing the necessity to accelerate the production of home-grown vaccines and also their import.
Along with a vaccination drive for children, Chinh said preparation is needed to reopen schools and meet demands for the Covid-19 fight in a new situation.
In boosting economic growth during the remainder of the year, Chinh expected a push for public investment and further reform in administrative procedures to improve the business environment for the greater convenience of the people and businesses.
Chinh called for government agencies to soon finalize a draft proposal for the Covid-19 response and in socio-economic recovery.
At the meeting, Vice Minister of Planning and Investment Tran Quoc Phuong suggested Vietnam's socio-economic situation is improving thanks to the reopening of the economy and resumption of supply chains.
The country's index of industrial production in November expanded by 5.5% against the previous month, and a 3.6% increase for the 11-month period.
Meanwhile, the number of newly-established enterprises also rose by 44.6% during the last month, and the figure of those resuming operations went up by 15.2%.
"This showed the effectiveness of Government's supporting programs for businesses and people affected by the pandemic," Phuong added.
According to Phuong, the economy has gradually adapted to the new normal with the majority of economic sectors returning to full operation.
Phuong, however, said the severe Covid-19 impacts continue to put the economy under pressure, for which there should be plans to respond to any situation of emergency.
"Vietnam stands firm in ensuring safe and flexible adaptation to the pandemic so that the country would put up strong economic performance from now to the end of the year," Phuong said.
- US, Vietnam strengthen partnership to address war legacies
- Intensifying climate change protests 'could rival Vietnam War activism'
- Vietnam peacekeeping force honoured
- Serif Revitalizes San Francisco's Mid-Market Neighborhood With The Line Hotel And 242 Condominium Residences
- The Complete Malware Removal Guide
- The SHS Announces 2013/2014 Winter Programs and Events:
- Peter Panties and Pinocchio's whopper: it's adult panto everybody!
- T-Mobile is giving away Starbucks gift cards on Tuesday, December 10
- Brookfield Library Promising A 'Cozy December'
- Daily Horoscope 02 December 2019
- A Frozen Winter Wonderland in Newtown on December 8th
- Chris Jericho Says His Feud With Jon Moxley in AEW Won't Be Like Their WWE Program
- Adult Website Email Scam: Don’t Give Bitcoin to Thieves
- News updates from Hindustan Times at 9 pm: 20% increase in processing Income Tax refund returns this year, says CBDT and all the latest news at this hour
- Wizards' Isaiah Thomas tries to untie Markelle Fultz's shoes, soon loses his own shoe mid-play
- The best Amazon Original series available now (December 2019)
- Dioxin remediation project kicked off at Bien Hoa Airbase
- 'Nothing Short of Attempted Murder': A Brief History of Anti-Vaxxers
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DEC. 4
- The Procrastinator’s Guide to Getting Your Table, Christmas-Ready this Holiday Season
Vietnam to complete vaccination program for adults by mid-December: PM have 573 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.