According to the ministry’s report, 14,312 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 61 out of 63 localities in the country including HCM City (1,491), Can Tho (1,132), Tay Ninh (792), Soc Trang (775), Ba Ria – Vung Tau (710), Dong Thap (690), Binh Thuan (648), Ben Tre (630), Binh Phuoc (547), Vinh Long (544), Khanh Hoa (465), Ca Mau (444), Binh Dinh (428), Hanoi (400), Bac Lieu (398), Kien Giang (394), Dong Nai (355), Binh Duong (355), An Giang (350), Thua Thien Hue (305), Hau Giang (295), Tien Giang (257), and Tra Vinh (212). There were two imported patients confirmed today.
The new infections showed an increase of 319 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 8,142 infections found in the community.
As of Sunday evening, 1,303,823 infections had been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April. Some localities that have recorded the highest number of patients include HCM City (478,309), Binh Duong (284,263), Dong Nai (89,514), Long An (38,697), and Tay Ninh (32,483).
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 1,309,092. The country now stands 35th among 223 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On December 5, an additional 1,711 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 1,009,277.
On Sunday evening, a further 199 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 26,260. The deaths were reported in some localities including HCM City (69), Tay Ninh (20), An Giang (19), Kien Giang (17), Dong Nai (12), Tien Giang (10), Binh Duong (9), Can Tho (7), Soc Trang (6), Vinh Long (6), Dong Thap (5), Binh Thuan (4), Ca Mau (4), Ba Ria – Vung Tau (3), Cao Bang (1), Tra Vinh (1), Phu Tho (1), Thua Thien Hue (1), Binh Dinh (1), Khanh Hoa (1), Binh Phuoc (1), and Bac Lieu (1).
Vietnam on December 4 administered 502,169 doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The country has so far conducted over 127.35 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 54.101 million people having received two doses.
- Govts lose public support as world records highest daily increase in COVID-19 infections
- Record number of new Covid-19 cases as public loses faith in govts
- Coronavirus | Over 5,60,000 cases reported in two days globally
- Brazil's Bolsonaro tests negative as people worldwide lose faith in govts over COVID-19
- Is global second wave ALREADY upon us? Nearly 40 nations report record single-day rises in Covid cases as public lose faith in governments' handling of crisis
- Coronavirus: Number of global COVID-19 cases tops 16 million
- Coronavirus: How COVID-19 changed countries and continents - and what the future is likely to hold
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - At loggerheads, Congress, White House to let jobless payout lapse
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: iBIO Chairman and CEO Thomas Isett says developing a safe vaccine is paramount; US surpasses 150,000 coronavirus deaths with roughy one death per minute
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 21
- Coronavirus latest: Public support drops over pandemic response
- Coronavirus latest: Surge in cases prompts warning of second wave
- Coronavirus latest: Thousands of Israelis protest Netanyahu's pandemic response
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Rep. Angie Craig says we need an equitable distribution plan for an eventual vaccine that reaches all communities; Moderna vaccine enters phase 3 trial in US today
- The Latest: FDA warns Americans of toxic hand sanitizers
- The Latest: Teachers' union OKs striking if unsafe to return
- Professor Chris Whitty warns ministers have pushed lockdown easing measures 'to their limits' and giving people more freedoms will 'absolutely' lead to the virus resurging
- Peacock Counts The Days Until Tokyo Olympics, Launching Dedicated Channel One Year Before Opening Ceremony
- Coronavirus: Spain drives fears of European 'second wave'
- 'We cannot apologise': Dominic Raab DEFENDS decision to axe quarantine-free travel to Spain overnight despite British tourists - including Transport Secretary Grant Shapps - already arriving for holidays as Labour brands move 'shambolic'
Vietnam reports rising Covid-19 infections nation-wide have 597 words, post on dtinews.vn at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.