HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam always stands side by side and stays ready to help Laos, within its ability, to push back the COVID-19 pandemic, Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính told President of the Lao National Assembly Saysomphone Phomvihane during their meeting in Hà Nội on Monday.
Both leaders said they were delighted to see that the great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between the two countries have been increasingly strengthened in all areas, from politics, diplomacy, national defence-security, to economy, trade, investment, socio-culture, and education-training.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, two-way trade still surpassed US$1 billion in the first ten months of 2021, up over 30.1 per cent from the same period last year. Việt Nam was the third biggest foreign investor in Laos, with 209 projects worth $5.18 billion.
Saysomphone expressed his profound thanks to the Vietnamese Party, State and people for providing timely and invaluable support to Laos in the fight against the pandemic.
Both leaders agreed to effectively carry out high-level agreements and prepare for the upcoming 44th meeting of the Việt Nam – Laos Inter-Governmental Committee, continue working closely together to fight COVID-19, strengthen national defence-security collaboration, step up economic, trade and investment ties as well as accelerating infrastructure projects such as Hà Nội – Vientiane expressway and Vũng Áng 1,2,3 seaports.
They pledged to continue effectively implementing signed education projects; jointly hold activities to celebrate the 60th founding anniversary of diplomatic ties and the 45th anniversary of the signing of the Việt Nam – Laos Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in 2022; support each other at multilateral forums, especially in issues regarding each country's security and development, as well as peace, stability and cooperation in the region, including the sustainable use and management of water sources in Mekong River, and the East Sea issue. VNS
- US forecasts bright outlook for trade with Việt Nam
- Bill Snyder asserts his power over K-State assistant coaches with QB switch to Delton
- College Football 2018-19: Betting Odds For Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, Notre Dame, USC And Others
- 3 houses for sale advance blight-fighting effort in Detroit
- Predicting the NBA MVP of Every Age Group During 2018-19 Season
- Fryer: Burt Call out as Mater Dei baseball coach after 19 seasons; who’s on list to replace him?
- LAFC ready for double duty vs. Portland Timbers
- NHL burning questions: Here's every team's biggest issue entering the 2018-19 season
- Sporting News' NBA Top 100: Ranking basketball's best players (1-19)
- Fight in LeBron's home Lakers debut, 124-115 loss to Houston
- Does Dave Doeren have NC State ready to compete for an ACC football title?
- How a 16-year-old is fighting his way into Sporting Kansas City’s lineup
- Another Heat starter reveals he might not be ready for start of regular season
- Marcus Morris, Jaylen Brown Talk Game 3 Woes, Ready to 'Fight' in Game 4 vs Cavs
- 2018-19 NBA Schedule: Win-Loss Predictions for Every Team
- LA Sparks ready to take on Seattle for lead in WNBA West
- Sparks ready to take on Seattle for lead in WNBA Western Conference
- Canes' Necas more polished and confident, ready to be in NHL this season
- Is Utah QB Jack Tuttle ready to take the reins on a moment's notice?
- Fantasy Football Week 6 Start 'Em & Sit 'Em: Jameis Winston ready to make up for lost time
Việt Nam ready to assist Laos in fight against COVID-19: PM have 556 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.