A conference to set up links between sellers and buyers of various consumer goods in HCM City and 45 provinces has opened at the Phu Tho Stadium in the former's District 11 with more than 600 pavilions.
The event, ending on Sunday, was aimed at expanding the market for domestically produced goods of high quality and with reasonable prices and potential for exports, enabling the branding and expansion of market shares for local specialties.
It is being held for the 10th year after starting in 2012 with only 14 provinces and cities participating.
The City Department of Industry and Trade said it would set up transaction and display centres for provinces and cities around the country to showcase their goods to local businesses and consumers.
The city will also organise the 2021 Promotion Fair from December 21 to 26 at the Phu Tho Sports Stadium with more than 450 booths showcasing consumer goods, farm produce and handicrafts without the 50 per cent discount cap in force and with gifts and lucky draws.
Participating businesses need to ensure the origin and quality of their products.
Bui Ta Hoang Vu, director of the department, said promotions are important for businesses and consumers to meet.
This year, due to the pandemic, total retail sales in the city has halved from last year. In the last two months of the year, with policies to stimulate demand and focused promotions, the city hopes to stimulate consumption, even of foreign branded products, by offering low prices.
The Ministry of Industry and Trade will organise a month-long programme called 'National Focused Promotion Month' in December. — VNS
- HCM City hopes to intensify cooperation with Australia: official
- HCM City, Germany’s Saxony-Anhalt state look to expand cooperation
- HCM City ensures supply of essential goods for Tet
- Northeastern-inspired story charms HCM City audience
- HCM City to host “One Commune, One Product” int’l fair
- City, int’l partners to improve TPP education
- The 'Glasgow effect' implies cities make us sad. Can the city prove the opposite?
- Horasis Asia Meeting returns to Binh Duong, hopes for repeat of last year’s success
- Cà Mau Province to host Culture-Tourism Week
- Sister-city relationships between regional WA and China 'promoting cultural, business links'
- Hà Nội destroys 63 tonnes of illegal goods
- Hanoi destroys 63 tonnes of illegal goods
- An Giang province, Cambodia boost cooperation
- The truth about property developers: how they are exploiting planning authorities and ruining our cities
- 'Everything's made by the people': how a slum became Albania's fastest growing city
- Horasis Asia Meeting returns to Bình Dương, hopes for repeat of last year’s success
- Ca Mau Province to host Culture-Tourism Week
- Bắc Kạn’s ethnic women sell local products online
- Southern localities boost links in trade, investment promotion
- Fine art exhibition showcases charms of Chinese ethnic groups in Fiji
Provinces showcase consumer goods in HCM City, hope to tie up with local sellers have 472 words, post on bizhub.vn at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.