Hanoi (VNA) – President Nguyen Xuan Phuc ‘s visits to Switzerland (from November 25-29) and Russia (from November 29-December 2) were a success with specific outcomes, Deputy Foreign Minister To Anh Dung said in an interview granted to the press following the visits.
In Switzerland, the two sides reached high consensus on measures to bolster their ties both bilaterally and multilaterally, while sharing views on strategic issues in the region and the world, including the importance of maintaining peace, stability, and maritime security and safety in the East Sea in accordance with international law, Dung said.
According to the deputy minister, during all meetings, Swiss business people affirmed that Vietnam is a priority economic partner which plays an important role in both regional and global supply and production chains.
He said the two sides also reached a common orientation for a more effective implementation of joint activities in science-technology and innovation through the upgrading of a letter of intention to a governmental agreement on cooperation in the field, looking toward a partnership on innovation.
Multilateral relations were also a focus of President Phuc’s trip to Switzerland, Deputy FM Dung said, stressing that within less than 24 hours in Geneva and despite it being a Sunday, the Vietnamese State leader had met with the UN Under Secretary-General and leaders of several major international organisations such as the World Trade Organisation (WTO), the World Health Organisation (WHO, the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), and the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA).
He said that during the meetings with President Phuc, the foreign leaders had made important commitments on cooperation with and support for Vietnam. The WHO pledged to continue helping Vietnam in COVID-19 prevention and control, especially in vaccine provision through COVAX Facility, while the WIPO will assist Vietnam in implementing the national intellectual property strategy and improve the capacity of national and local innovation systems.
President Phuc's visit to Russia is also a great success in all aspects, underlined Dung.
The President met with all top leaders of Russia, including President Vladimir Putin, PM Mikhail Mishustin, Chairman of the Russian Duma, Speaker of the Federal Council of the Federal Assembly of Russia, and Deputy Chairman of the Security Council of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev.
The deputy minister said the joint statement on the vision of Vietnam-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership by 2030 which was issued following a four-hour talk between the two Presidents reflects the high determination of both sides in opening up a new development period in bilateral cooperation across all fields.
According to Dung, basing on the firm foundation of the bilateral ties and the results of this visit, the two countries’ cooperation will focus on the following directions: maintaining dialogue and political trust and closely coordinating to deal with arising issues during their cooperation; making a breakthrough in economic-trade partnership; expanding and enhancing the efficiency of collaboration in traditional fields and strengthening cooperation in new areas such as high technology, infrastructure development, industry, agro-forestry-fisheries, and local coordination; reinforcing ties in other areas such as defence, security, education-training, culture and health care; and beefing up cooperation in regional and international issues as well as in responding to traditional and non-traditional challenges on the principle of respect for international law, equality and mutual benefits./.
- China and Russia want to vaccinate the developing world before the West. It's brought them closer than ever
- Is the Nunes Memo a dud? Or will it stymie Mueller's Russia Investigation? | Opinion
- Russia lags behind the West in its COVID-19 vaccination drive as Moscow cases rise
- Russia's little cyber green men versus the U.S. digital army
- In Series of Tests, Russia Checks its Internet Can Work Even When Cut off From Worldwide Web
- Now that's rich! Fury as business chiefs are spared Covid quarantine if their visit will bring major 'economic benefit' to UK
- South African President Zuma resigns
- Russia lags behind others in its COVID-19 vaccination drive
- Blue Skies’ Fresh Fruit Products Make Millions While Creating A Lasting Impact
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s Liberator as Prisoner and President, Dies at 95
- Russia isn't just interfering in U.S. elections, it's abusing the American justice system
- 8 small towns to visit this summer in California
- Biden Will Meet Putin For First Face-To-Face Meeting Of Presidency
- Russia mandates vaccinations for some as virus cases surge
- Boris N. Yeltsin, Reformer Who Broke Up the U.S.S.R., Dies at 76
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 23
- Will John Bolton Bring on Armageddon—Or Stave It Off?
- Biden and Putin Express Desire for Better Relations at Summit Shaped by Disputes
- Expats starved of British bacon and tastes of home - deal leaves shelves bare
- At the Time Warner Center, an Enclave of Powerful Russians
President's visits to Switzerland, Russia produce fruitful outcomes: Deputy FM have 831 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.