Moscow (VNA) – Vietnamese President Nguyen Xuan Phuc met with Valentina Matvienko, Speaker of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, in Moscow on December 1 within the framework of his official visit to the Russian Federation.
President Phuc affirmed Vietnam always considers the Russian Federation a priority in its foreign policy and supports the Russian Federation to have a greater role and voice in the region and the world.
Meanwhile, Matvienko stressed that President Phuc's visit this time will create a new motivation to boost bilateral ties in the context that the two countries are celebrating the 20th anniversary of their Strategic Partnership (2001-2021) and preparing for the 10th anniversary of the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership (2012-2022).
Both leaders appreciated the positive development of the bilateral relations, especially in the fields of politics, trade, economy, investment, defence and security, energy, education and science, despite serious impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The President welcomed the close coordination between the National Assembly (NA) of Vietnam and the Federal Assembly of Russia at international and regional forums, affirming that Vietnam continues to support and actively participate in international initiatives initiated by the Federation Council for the common interests of the two countries, thus contributing to peace and stability in the region and the world.
For her part, Matvienko asserted that the Federation Council always backs strengthening relations with Vietnam and continues to work closely with the Vietnamese NA to speed up the implementation of cooperation agreements and projects between the two countries, including those reached between President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin.
The Federation Council will continue acting as a bridge to strengthen cooperation between the two countries' provinces and cities, she affirmed.
The two leaders affirmed to further promote the bilateral Comprehensive Strategic Partnership in a deep and effective manner, including collaboration between the two parliaments./.
- Morning Spin: FOP president says slow contract talks behind planned protest, 'It's very frustrating at times'
- John Bercow: Police assessing allegation of misconduct in public office against Commons speaker
- Nigeria: Rohr Warns Girls Not to Visit Super Eagles' Camp in Russia
- Shaq’s Mina endorsement: Hit or miss?
- Sen. Kamala Harris pulls out of UC Berkeley commencement speech
- British police could be 'routinely armed' to respond to terror threat in rural areas
- UK facing its biggest housing shortfall on record with backlog of four million homes, research shows
- Sajid Javid admits he does not 'have a magic wand' to increase police funding
- Boris Johnson tricked into 18-minute call with man pretending to be Armenian PM
- Forget Brexit, we need to start talking about the real issue blighting our nation – potholes
- Africa: Nigeria, Others Renew Pledge to Win Fight Against Corruption
- Kenya: Karugu Sworn in as Nyeri Deputy Governor
- Donald Trump branded a 'disgrace' for claiming knife crime turned London hospital into a 'war zone'
- Local Briefs: May 6
- The Latest: Macron calls US exit from Iran deal a 'mistake'
- News Brief: Cohen Allegedly Received Russian Payments, Trump Ends Iran Deal
- Nigeria: Why We Are Frustrated With Buhari, APC
- Playbook scoop: What State is telling embassies about Jerusalem
- The Hill's Morning Report — Sponsored by FICO — Paul Ryan’s rough ride
- Nigeria: CAN National Secretary, Musa Asake, Is Dead
President meets with Speaker of Russia’s Federation Council have 572 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.