The PM, who is also head of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, stressed that the pandemic is unpredictable with the emergence of the Omicron variant, while COVID-19 infections and death toll in the country keep rising, hence the meeting.
He required localities to candidly identify problems and difficulties in the pandemic fight, and raise proposals regarding vaccines, treatment drugs, medical supplies as well as the direction and implementation work.
Chinh stressed that extra efforts are needed to reduce the numbers of new cases, severe cases, and fatalities.
He asked localities to continue implementing the Government's Resolution 128/NQ-CP dated October 11, 2021 on safe and flexible adaptation to and effective control of the COVID-19 pandemic. No locality is allowed to issue regulations contrary to those by the upper level.
The Ministry of Health reported that in the fourth wave of outbreaks to December 15, the country recorded more than 1.4 million cases of COVID-19, with 28,500 deaths. Over 1 million patients had recovered.
In the week from December 9 to 15, the country detected 106,918 new infections, including 64,723 found in the community. Most of the new cases were reported in the southern region (71.2 percent).
The ministry forecast that new infections and deaths would increase in many localities in the time ahead as social activities have been resumed, people begin to let guard down and new variants spread quickly, among other reasons.
- PM Narendra Modi reviews progress of COVID-19 vaccine, discusses roll-out strategy in India
- COVID-19 Deaths Rising In 30 US States Amid Winter Surge
- Pentagon Won't Force US Troops to Take COVID-19 Vaccine
- More Contagious Version Of COVID-19 Confirmed In Illinois For First Time
- Netherlands PM Extends COVID-19 Lockdown to February 9
- WHO Chief: World on Brink of ‘Moral Failure’ Over COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
- COVID-19 Data Analyst Rebekah Jones Released From Jail, Said She Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Miami Mayor Francis Suarez Wants Residency Restrictions For COVID-19 Vaccinations
- COVID-19 Herd Immunity Will Not Be Achieved in 2021, WHO Says
- COVID-19 Vaccination Site Opens At Marlins Park
- US to Track COVID-19 Variants, Study Whether Vaccines Remain Effective
- Documents required to get a COVID-19 vaccine: Full list here
- 2,24,301 beneficiaries get COVID-19 vaccines
- WHO Chief thanks PM Modi for 'continued support' to global Covid-19 response
- Covid-19 Vaccine Rollout: Covishield to cost Rs 200 per dose, 11 million doses to be shipped in first tranche
- COVID-19: Khanh Hoa province told to stay alert as Tet approaches
- Morning Digest: 12.72 lakh healthworkers vaccinated against COVID-19 in country so far; Rajiv Gandhi assassination case convict Perarivalan pardon plea to be considered by T.N. Governor in a week, and more
- PM Modi exhorts youths to defeat 'network of lies and rumours' on COVID-19 vaccination with right information
- COVID-19 vaccine: After first jab, surgeon in Kerala hails nation's efforts against coronavirus
- Prime Minister request reviewing COVID-19 prevention measures, scenarios
PM requires localities to candidly identify hindrances of COVID-19 combat have 448 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 6, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.