The PM, who is also head of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, stressed that the pandemic is unpredictable with the emergence of the Omicron variant, while COVID-19 infections and death toll in the country keep rising, hence the meeting.
He required localities to candidly identify problems and difficulties in the pandemic fight, and raise proposals regarding vaccines, treatment drugs, medical supplies as well as the direction and implementation work.
Chinh stressed that extra efforts are needed to reduce the numbers of new cases, severe cases, and fatalities.
He asked localities to continue implementing the Government's Resolution 128/NQ-CP dated October 11, 2021 on safe and flexible adaptation to and effective control of the COVID-19 pandemic. No locality is allowed to issue regulations contrary to those by the upper level.
The Ministry of Health reported that in the fourth wave of outbreaks to December 15, the country recorded more than 1.4 million cases of COVID-19, with 28,500 deaths. Over 1 million patients had recovered.
In the week from December 9 to 15, the country detected 106,918 new infections, including 64,723 found in the community. Most of the new cases were reported in the southern region (71.2 percent).
The ministry forecast that new infections and deaths would increase in many localities in the time ahead as social activities have been resumed, people begin to let guard down and new variants spread quickly, among other reasons.
- Australian PM calls special meeting on mutant COVID-19 strain
- ‘Congratulations India’: PM Modi tweets after nod to Covid-19 vaccines
- More COVID-19 Vaccines in Pipeline as US Effort Ramps Up
- EU Doubles Doses of Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- Biden Vows to Ramp Up COVID-19 Vaccination Efforts
- Global COVID-19 Cases Pass 84 million With One-fourth in US
- US Passes 350,000 COVID-19 Deaths
- Scotland to Impose Full Lockdown as COVID-19 Cases Surge
- India's Covid-19 vaccination to begin on Jan 16: When will others be ready?
- UK imposes mandatory COVID-19 tests for international travellers
- Vietnamese COVID-19 fight represents a great miracle
- COVID-19 Highlights January 5: Mumbai local trains may resume for all soon; 20 fresh cases of new coronavirus strain registered
- Coronavirus Live Updates: India Reports 6 Cases Of New COVID-19 Strain As UK Returnees Test Positive
- UK imposes mandatory Covid-19 tests for international travellers
- Coronavirus: UK imposes mandatory Covid-19 tests for international travellers
- Covishield vs Covaxin against Covid-19: All you need to know
- Stepping up control over illegal immigration to prevent COVID-19 transmission
- In counties where university classes were in person, Covid-19 cases rose 56%
- Countries led by women have NOT fared significantly better in the COVID-19 pandemic than those led by men, study finds
- A Timeline of COVID-19 from Discovery to Vaccine
PM requires localities to candidly identify hindrances of COVID-19 combat have 416 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 16, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.