The Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MB) and Shinsei Bank on December 2, 2021 signed an agreement on the establishment of a commercial joint venture bank in Cambodia.
Under this agreement, after obtaining the approval by the relevant state agency for establishing a commercial bank in Cambodia with a minimum charter capital of US$75 million, MB will transfer up to 49% of its shares in this bank to a strategic partner and launch Vietnam’s first joint venture bank abroad.
MB is known for its rich experiences in successfully developing digital banking in Vietnam, as well as its solid business foundation and remarkable market understanding during 10 years of operating banking activities in Cambodia as a branch.
Shinsei Bank, Ltd. (Shinsei Bank), which has more than 50 years of banking experience in Japan, has gained outstanding achievements in retail banking and consumer finance. Hence, the joint venture bank that is built on the collaboration of these two financial groups is expected to become a leading digital – retail bank in Cambodia.
To realize that goal, both parties agreed to invest substantially and systematically in resources and nominate high-quality personnel to build outstanding business strategies, models and solutions in order to get ready to enter the dynamic financial and banking market in Cambodia.
MB and Shinsei Bank have gained experiences in successfully implementing a joint venture at MB Shinsei Finance Limited Liability Company (Mcredit). After 5 years of cooperation, Mcredit is currently a consumer finance company in Top 4 of outstanding loans in Vietnam, with ROE performance of being up to about 30 per cent.
The joint venture between MB and Shinsei Bank in Cambodia marks a milestone in the cooperative relationship between the two financial groups of Vietnam and Japan. Moreover, the joint venture in a third country – Cambodia – demonstrates the two groups' willingness for a long-term cooperation with each other.
This also indicates MB's strategic vision and great expectations to gradually improve position and foster business development of MB Group in Asia.
- Partner power
- Partners Federal Credit Union Selects Kony to Accelerate its Digital Transformation
- Reflections: Ching Wei Hong, OCBC Bank
- Leveraging business capabilities for strategic planning
- Port projects carrying out district's 50-year vision
- Banking crisis timeline
- IT failure contributes to UK bank collapse
- RCEP negotiations, regional connectivity plans in focus as ASEAN leaders, dialogue partners to meet in Bangkok
- Changing of the guard: Commonwealth Bank
- Evaluating large IT project proposals
- Yahoo names investment banker CFO
- CIOs and Procurement Pros Partner on Cloud Services
- Cisco wins VoIP deal with Bank of America
- Which of Labour's big IT projects will survive the Tory axe?
- Region's banks still spending on MSS
- Mobile banking tapped for growth in India
- Microsoft’s Project 2010
- Union Bank of the Philippines
- What a long name says about the reality of mainstream esports
- Ionity scores big partners in push to cover Europe with EV chargers
MB names its strategic partner for banking project in Cambodia have 456 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.