HCM CITY – The HCM City Department of Health has asked the Ministry of National Defence to maintain its 85 mobile medical stations until the end of the year as COVID-19 cases continue to rise.
In August, the military allocated personnel, including thousands of doctors and military medical students, to help the city deal with the fourth COVID wave.
The city's health department and district-level steering committees for pandemic prevention and control are working on plans to ensure sufficient manpower for local mobile medical stations when the military medical staff leave HCM City.
However, several districts are still seeing high numbers of COVID patients treating themselves at home, such as Thủ Đức City with over 20,500 patients, and Hóc Môn District with over 8,100 as of November 29.
The city is expected to ask the defence ministry to maintain the operation of 85 mobile medical stations in the city with 153 staff until the end of December.
The military has been gradually withdrawing its personnel from the city as the pandemic has become more stable. It had originally planned to complete the withdrawal by the end of November.
The Ministry of Health has told hospitals from other regions to send staff and equipment to aid HCM City and 10 Southern provinces in their fight against COVID-19.
The number of new daily COVID cases and deaths in HCM City, the country's COVID-19 epicentre, has been on the rise since the city's reopening on October 1.
More than 6,000 patients are staying at concentrated quarantine zones and over 66,000 patients are being treated at home. – VNS
- HCM City wants to boost Francophone cooperation
- HCM City targets treating 90% of discharged water
- Air strike kills four at radio station in Yemen's Hodeidah
- Alleged Abu Sayyaf arrested in Zamboanga City buy-bust
- New York City’s Grand Central Station has had a stunning evolution over the last 50 years — take a look
- Toronto Public Health wants to combat vaccine misinformation
- Chernobyl 30 years on: former residents remember life in the ghost city of Pripyat
- The US city preparing itself for the collapse of capitalism
- How much noise is too noisy? Toronto wants to hear from you
- How Toronto's chief medical officer became the people’s doctor
- Ho Chi Minh City strives to be a sustainable urban area
- From U-Bahn to e-scooters: Berlin mobility app has it all
- Purple Heart colonel told impeachment inquiry there WAS a quid pro quo linking military aid to a Biden probe - and that Donald Trump was taking Ukraine advice from a Republican loyalist who knew little about country
- DOJ junks raps vs Quezon City ‘peryahan’ operators
- Female soldiers wanting to suppress periods face barriers
- These are the 25 most powerful militaries in the world
- 13 incredible stories of American servicemen who won the Medal of Honor — the military’s highest honor
- These are the 25 most powerful militaries in the world — and there’s a clear winner
- Duterte fires military hospital chief for corruption
- Poland really wants the US Army there permanently to ‘scare away’ Russia, and it’s willing to pay for it
HCM City wants military to maintain mobile medical stations have 529 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.