Eleven sailors and their fishing boat drifting at sea for nearly a day are brought to safety by rescuers from the Vietnam Maritime Search and Rescue Coordination Centre (Vietnam MRCC) on December 5 morning. (Photo: VNA)
They went into distress while in waters off the central province of Quang Tri in early morning the previous day when the main engine suddenly broke down, leaving the sailors struggling for hours to fix the problems.
The fishermen failed to regain the control of the boat which started drifting amid strong winds and high waves of up to 3 metres.
Receiving call for help from the ship's captain, the Vietnam MRCC sent its ship SAR 412 from Da Nang to rescue the sailors. The broken boat was later found 97 nautical miles east-southeast to Quan Tri's Cua Viet beach and safely brought ashore in Da Nang with all crew members in good conditions.
- Odd, jelly-like ‘by-the-wind sailors’ wash ashore at Southern California beaches as predicted
- ‘By-the-wind sailors’ could be headed to Southern California shores – and no, they’re not jellyfish
- Fire kills 14 Russian sailors aboard deep-sea submersible
- U.N. court: Russia must free 3 detained Ukraine ships, sailors
- Carnival Paradise rescues sailor after receiving distress call
- Auburn’s high-seas mutiny hangings
- Auburn’s high-seas mutiny hangings revisited
- UN begins hearing case of Ukraine sailors held by Russia
- UN court: Russia must free detained Ukraine ships, sailors
- What does a lack of sea urchins mean for kelp in Laguna’s protected reserves?
- Rescue ship, loaded with migrants, awaits port access
- Lane DeGregory podcast: Episode 77
- World Cup soccer happily alters a trip in Croatia by yacht
- D-Day at 75: Nations honor veterans, memory of fallen
- Herman Melville’s Great Escape
- Reader Memories
- Wahoo! Maine summer road trip time!
- The Man Who Told America the Truth About D-Day
- Daily Business Report-April 30, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Influx of elephant seals restricts Point Reyes beach access
Eleven sailors in mistress at sea brought ashore have 337 words, post on dtinews.vn at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.