HCM CITY — The Indian consulate general in HCM City and Đồng Tháp Province organised an online meeting to promote trade in the agricultural sector.
The 'Virtual meet on Trade and Investment promotion between India and Đồng Tháp Province in Agriculture' on December 15 saw Đoàn Tấn Bửu, deputy chairman of the province People's Committee, saying trade with India had grown steadily in in the first nine months of this year to reach US$5.96 million.
His province is ready to tie up with Indian investors and businesses for organic and sustainable food processing and wants to invite them to invest in farming mango, its main fruit, he said.
Madan Mohan Sethi, the consul general, said the Indian companies want to explore business and investment interests with entrepreneurs of Đồng Tháp.
He wants to have more interactions between states in India and provinces in Việt Nam.
On the occasion, the Indian Business Chamber in Vietnam (INCHAM) and Đồng Tháp Trade, Tourism and Investment Promotion Centre signed an MoU to step up trade and investment co-operation between the two sides and strengthen communication and exchanges of delegations.
The meeting was attended by 70 Indian and Vietnamese officials and executives from the agricultural commodities and food processing sectors.
Thirty companies from India and Việt Nam joined a B2B session to discuss potential trade opportunities in the agricultural sector. — VNS
- Agricultural land price increases during COVID-19
- View: Faith in Indian science and technology begins at home
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau applies hi-tech agriculture to improve quality, yield
- Opinion: Impact of covid-19 on the Indian Economy
- Need to tap into foreign savings: Chief Economic Adviser KV Subramanian
- Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu Province applies high-tech agriculture to improve quality, yield
- India, Vietnam eye greater trade, investment in shadow of Covid-19 spread
- Indian art may rule the scene in '08
- Moratorium on term loans: Indian Banks' Association answers all your queries
- Hollywood & China: U.S. Gov’t Agency Agrees To Review Foreign Investment Panel
- Analysts suggest these 15 quality mid-caps for 1-year investment horizon
- Attackers use latest technologies to trick bank clients for money
- Indian Ambassador recommits to stand on Việt Nam's side
- Sunder Pichai, Satya Nadella, four other Indian-Americans in Donald Trump’s list of economic advisers
- Educators should tap the CARES Act for help now — and later
- Coronavirus impact | Indians lapping up podcasts, platforms witness rise in listenership
- Nasscom seeks slew of relief measures for IT sector
- AI & Blockchain: Transforming the banking sector
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 11
- Latest covid-19 news in Vietnam and Southeast Asia on April 7 (updated hourly)
Đồng Tháp seeks to tap Indian investment, technology in agriculture have 451 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.