Vientiane (VNA) – Lao Prime Minister Phankham Viphavan paid an official visit to Cambodia on November 29 and 30 at the invitation of his Cambodia counterpart Samdech Techo Hun Sen, Vientaine Times reported.
During their meeting in Phnom Penh, the two PMs spoke highly of the longstanding bilateral ties between the two countries. They agreed to draw up a master plan as a guideline for the involved sectors of their two countries in implementing the comprehensive strategic partnership which was established in 2019.
They noted that bilateral ties between the two countries have been deepened through regular meetings between their senior leaders.
Cooperation has been broadened in multiple areas, from national defence and public security, to economy, socio-cultural affairs, and efforts to curb drug trafficking, as well as cooperation between various localities of the two countries.
Concerning cooperation in tourism, the two sides suggested holding talks on ways to revitalise the tourism industry when the COVID-19 pandemic wanes.
Also at the talks, Cambodia announced to provide 13 million USD and 500,000 doses of Sinovac vaccine to support Laos 's battle against the pandemic. Of the sum, 10 million USD will be donated by private companies in Cambodia.
During his visit, Phankham held phone talks with Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni and met Senate President Say Chhum and National Assembly President Heng Samrin./.
- Vietnam, Laos look to settle free migration and undocumented marriages at border
- Border marker between Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia witnesses trust, solidarity, and peace
- Wang praises Laos for standing with China
- Laos bolsters COVID-19 prevention ahead of regional summits
- Vietnam asks Singapore to make amends over Cambodia ‘invasion’ remark
- Launch feasibility study for India-US FTA, bilateral trade aim of $500 bln by 2030: CII-USIBC report
- Laos vows to fully suport China's fight against COVID-19
- Vietnamese advisers in Cambodia honored with noble order
- Kazakh president meets with senior Chinese diplomat on bilateral ties
- Azerbaijanese ambassador honoured for fostering ties
- Azerbaijanese ambassador honored for fostering ties
- Vietnam to strive for sustainable use of water resources in Mekong River
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 2
- Uncooperative China makes it worse as drought hits downstream nations
- China makes it worse as drought hits downstream nations: experts
- Vientiane-Da Nang flight to launch in late March
- Washington meeting discusses ASEAN-US Special Summit preparation
- NSA Ajit Doval meets Lankan Prez, pledges USD 50 mn security assistance from India
- Under Vietnam’s leadership, ASEAN prioritizes intra-regional trade
- HCM City eyes agro-tourism
Cambodia, Laos foster bilateral cooperation have 406 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.