HÀ NỘI — The southernmost province of Cà Mau surpassed Hồ Chí Minh City in terms of new infections after the Ministry of Health reported 15,270 new cases of COVID-19 in 60 localities on Thursday.
The three localities with the highest numbers of transmissions were Cà Mau with 1,339, HCM City with 1,175 and Tây Ninh with 932.
The new infections bring Việt Nam’s COVID-19 tally since the beginning of the pandemic to 1,493,237, including 1,487,788 in the fourth wave starting late April.
The capital Hà Nội recorded 423 new cases.
Three of the new infections were imported, with 9,888 transmissions detected in the community.
The other localities that reported new infections were: Bình Phước (880), Đồng Tháp (795), Bến Tre (760), Cần Thơ (728), Khánh Hòa (598), Vĩnh Long (597), Bạc Liêu (516), Đồng Nai (479), Trà Vinh (421), An Giang (387), Bình Định (338), Sóc Trăng (334), Tiền Giang (330), Hải Phòng (330), Hậu Giang (313), Bình Dương (275), Kiên Giang (267), Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (260), Thừa Thiên Huế (253), Bắc Ninh (252), Đà Nẵng (212), Lâm Đồng (181), Quảng Ngãi (179), Thanh Hóa (157), Đắk Lắk (152), Bình Thuận (150), Gia Lai (128), Quảng Ninh (117), Quảng Nam (106), Lạng Sơn (95), Nghệ An (83), Phú Yên (75), Hà Giang (69), Long An (65), Thái Bình (52), Ninh Thuận (49), Quảng Bình (49), Hưng Yên (46), Thái Nguyên (39), Hòa Bình (34), Quảng Trị (31), Nam Định (29), Tuyên Quang (25), Sơn La (25), Đắk Nông (24), Phú Thọ (24), Vĩnh Phúc (21), Hà Nam (19), Bắc Giang (19), Hà Tĩnh (10), Lào Cai (7), Yên Bái (4), Kon Tum (4), Điện Biên (2), Bắc Kạn (2) and Lai Châu (1).
Health authorities also announced 241 COVID deaths, raising the nation’s death toll since the pandemic started last year to 28,857.
A total of 1,033 patients recovered on Thursday, pushing the total number of recoveries to 1,064,461.
Over 59 million people have been fully vaccinated in the country so far. — VNS
- Beijing city reports 2 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, schools delay return
- New Zealand reports two new community COVID-19 cases, 23 imported
- Vietnam reports nine new local Covid-19 infections
- Vietnam reports eight new imported Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 17 new imported Covid-19 cases
- Australia reports no new local COVID-19 cases for first time in 5 months
- New Zealand reports five new confirmed COVID-19 cases
- France reports 5,298 new daily COVID-19 cases
- New Zealand imposes 3-day lockdown on Auckland after 3 new local COVID-19 cases
- HCM City imposes social distancing as multiple cases found
- Vietnam detects one new domestic Covid-19 infection in Bac Giang
- Two-month-old baby becomes Hanoi’s new suspected Covid-19 case
- New community COVID-19 case after 15 days shows virus still 'lurking about' in the community: Experts
- Singapore reports 618 new cases of COVID-19; new cluster at Northpoint City
- Dallas County Reports 5 New Cases Of More Contagious COVID-19 Variant B.1.1.7
- Ho Chi Minh City records new domestic COVID-19 case who works at airport
- Coronavirus In Illinois: 461 New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases; 8 New Deaths, Including Inmate At Stateville
- Vietnam reports 15 more local COVID-19 cases, all in Hai Duong
- Mumbai: Dharavi reports seven new cases on Sunday; Dadar tally climbs to 5,035
- Hai Phong reports three locally-transmitted Covid-19 infection cases
Cà Mau surpasses HCM City as Việt Nam reports 15,270 new cases of COVID-19 have 531 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.