During the fourth wave, many children lost the love and caring of their parents, leaving them bereft and alone in the face of adversity, especially those coming from poor families.
|Anheuser-Busch InBev Vietnam collaborated with the Red Cross of Ben Cat town to sponsor scholarships “Let's Back to School” for 38 orphaned children due to COVID-19|
Responding to the call of diverse organisations to support children in need and following up on its commitment to provide meaningful support to the community in the fight against the pandemic, the Belgian brewer AB InBev launched the “Let's go back to school” scholarship for 47 COVID-19 orphans. The children were selected from a list proposed by the Red Cross from Ben Cat town and the Youth Union from Tan Uyen town, with each scholarship worth VND10 million ($435).
|Truong Van Toan, head of Legal and Corporate Affairs at AB In Bev Vietnam and Dinh Ngoc Thuy Vy, Communications lead gave the scholarships to orphans in Tan Uyen town|
"We have met many children who were made orphans by COVID-19. They all have their own stories, and many come from poor conditions, from illiterate parents. More than anyone, these children need our support to overcome their losses, stabilise their lives, and become good members of society," said Truong Van Toan, head of Legal and Corporate Affairs.
"Wtih these scholarships, we want to spread a sense of responsibility with the community, creating meaningful resonance, especially for the children in difficult places such as Tan Uyen and Ben Cat. This is proof of AB InBev’s purpose of bringing people together for a better world," Toan added.
|Founded in 1366, AB InBev has branches in many countries, with a team of 170,000 employees worldwide.|
Founded in 1366, AB InBev is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and has branches in many countries, with a team of 170,000 employees worldwide.
The company currently owns more than 630 beer brands covering 150 countries. AB InBev is one of the five major fast-moving consumer goods groups in the world. Its global brands include Budweiser, Corona and international brands Beck’s, Leffe, and Hoegaarden.
By Anh Duc
- Vietnam should tap silver linings to reach next level amid COVID-19: ex-WB country director
- PM orders setting up support centres, hotlines to help people amid COVID-19 outbreaks
- Citi Vietnam reimagines community activities amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Dantri supports students amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Ho Chi Minh City suspends motorbike taxis for passenger transport amid COVID-19 escalation
- Euro 2020: Wembley prepares to welcome 60,000 fans amid COVID-19 concerns
- US Ships Moderna Vaccine to Indonesia Amid COVID-19 Surge
- Pilot programme to facilitate safe entry of foreign maids amid COVID-19: MOM
- Six priority strategies of banks amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Vietnam, New Zealand to maintain close link amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Britain to Send 1,000 More Ventilators to India Amid Covid-19 Crisis
- ASL Law introduces Legal Handbook amid COVID-19 times
- ‘Like a war zone’: Doctors, hospitals plead for help amid COVID-19 upsurge
- Doctors, hospitals plead for help amid COVID-19 case surge
- Sacombank continues to support customers hit by COVID-19
- 'Difficult and sad': Australian Muslims will celebrate 'sacrifice' Eid in isolation amid COVID-19
- Acts of kindness spread across city amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Wasim Akram Believes Hosting ICC 2020 World T20 As Per Schedule Won't Be Wise Decision Amid COVID-19 Threat
- Amid COVID-19, Sibshops shifts to Zoom-based support
- Amid Covid-19, Should I Shop for Myself or Opt for Delivery?
AB InBev supports orphans with scholarships amid COVID-19 have 544 words, post on vir.com.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.