HCM CITY— Labourers and their lives will be featured in a writing contest that was launched this week by the Việt Nam Writers' Association in co-operation with the Lao Động (The Labour) newspaper.
Vietnamese at home and abroad are encouraged to participate the event called Cuộc Thi Sáng Tác Văn Học Về Người Lao Động (Writting Contest Featuring Labourers) as part of an effort to discover and support young writers.
The contest aims to highlight farmers and workers as well as the activities of social affairs programmes on new-style rural areas and their effects on local people.
The organisers welcome works on economic, social and economic achievements of remote provinces. Images of the culture and lifestyle of ethnic minority groups are also encouraged.
They are also seeking works with themes about the lives of young workers, particularly women, and their challenges and dreams in a globalised world.
Both amateur and professional writers are welcome to send their entries in the two categories of fiction and short story.
Famous authors, poets and translators will be part of the jury.
There will be a total of 16 prizes worth VNĐ2.5 billion (US$110,000) the biggest prize money ever for a writing contest in the country.
Organisers will present one special prize worth VNĐ400 million ($19,000), and one first prize and two second prizes worth VNĐ600 million ($29,000) in total for the winners in the fiction category.
In the short story category, the winner of the special prize will receive VNĐ200 million ($9,000). The first prize and two second prizes worth VNĐ250 million ($11,000) in total will be given.
Prizes for the favourite work and youngest writer will also be presented.
"From the contest's works, we hope to encourage Vietnamese farmers and workers who contribute to the country’s development," author Nguyễn Bình Phương, deputy chairman of Việt Nam Writers' Association, said.
"We hope our contest will give young writers, particularly those from ethnic minority groups, a chance to develop their careers and bring writers and readers together."
The contest's participants must submit their work on paper to the contest organiser at Việt Nam Writers' Association-Creating Office at 9 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu Street, Nguyễn Du Ward, Hai Bà Trưng District, Hà Nội.
Entries should be postmarked by August 2023.
The best works will be published in magazines and newspapers. The prize winners will be announced in December 2023. — VNS
- Microsoft launches an interactive map that tracks the global spread of the coronavirus pandemic in real-time to help fight the COVID-19 outbreak
- Mirror Labour leadership live: Hopefuls grilled over how they'll win back towns like Dudley
- Is 'refreshingly untribal' Lisa Nandy Labour's best hope?
- Andy U-turnham: Now Labour hopeful changes his tune on benefits culture, saying they would never win power again if it continues to be seen as an 'easy ride'
- Labour conference: what to expect in Liverpool
- Dear Labour, split the party and you’ll regret it. Love from an SDP candidate
- Tory MP launches no confidence motion against Speaker John Bercow over his Donald Trump ban
- Last writes
- Big Brother contestants in Germany set to be told about coronavirus in a live episode following uproar after being kept in the dark over infection
- New Labour became too much of a sect
- Paws, claws and jaws: The best creature features to get you through the coronavirus pandemic
- Facebook could launch the first of a 'constellation' of satellites into space as early as next month in a bid to bring broadband to the world - competing with SpaceX's Starlink and OneWeb
- Marks & Spencer launches 100-piece plus-size line
- Samsung Galaxy M21 with 6,000 mAh battery launched at Rs 12,999
- Winners announced in 2019 MAPME newspaper contest
- 'I should have smashed your face open with a bat,' Labour MP Kate Osamor told journalist in front of police
- Winners announced in 2019 OAPME broadcast contest
- PS5: release date, specs, news and features for Sony’s PlayStation 5
- PS5 Rumor Roundup: Specs, Features, Price and Design
- Discovery launches streaming app to drop coronavirus special on March 18
Writing contest featuring labourers launched have 712 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.