GENEVA — The World Health Organisation (WHO) on Friday cautioned countries against hastily imposing travel restrictions linked to the new B.1.1.529 variant of COVID-19, saying they should take a “risk-based and scientific approach”.
“At this point, implementing travel measures is being cautioned against,” WHO spokesman Christian Lindmeier told a U.N. briefing in Geneva.
“The WHO recommends that countries continue to apply a risk-based and scientific approach when implementing travel measures.”
The WHO, which has convened an experts’ meeting on Friday to evaluate whether it constitutes a variant of interest or a variant of concern, will share further guidance for governments on action they can take, he said.
It will take a few weeks to understand the variant’s impact, and researchers are working to determine how transmissible it is and how it will affect therapeutics and vaccines, he added.
- New Cuba travel restrictions imposed by Trump administration
- US removes travel restrictions on Pakistani diplomats
- Trump Administration adds new travel restrictions to Cuba
- Trump Admin Imposes New Cuba Travel Restrictions
- Cuba sees tourism dropping after Trump travel restrictions
- What the new Cuba travel restrictions mean for tourists
- Iran: US travel restrictions on diplomats 'inhuman'
- Should the IHSAA consider a lift on travel restrictions for schools?
- Omar, Tlaib denounce Israel over travel restrictions
- Ftc Imposes $5B Penalty, New Privacy Restrictions On Facebook
- Lake James boaters impose own idle only rules over weekend
- U.S. Imposes New Restrictions On Travel To Cuba
- How you can still travel to Cuba legally
- Celebrate Mother's Day with the Gift of Travel
- How to Assess Security Risks While Traveling
- New York’s Toughest Homeless Problem
- 6 Ways New Rent Laws Will Affect New Yorkers
- Can U.S. Citizens Travel to Cuba? Trump Administration Wants to Make Tourism Harder
- Cuba travel ban slaps cruise lines
- Trump administration stops cruises to Cuba under new rules
WHO cautions against imposing travel restrictions due to new variant have 288 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.