In early November, e-commerce platform Tiki said it had raised a further $258 million from foreign investors, including AIA and Mirae Asset.
The country's e-commerce market is currently worth $13 billion a year, and would increase to $39 billion by 2025 when it would be in second place, a recent report by Google, Temasek and Bain & Co report titled 'e-Economy SEA 2021,' said.
Thailand will be third with a market of $35 billion.
Since the onset of Covid-19 early last year, Vietnam added eight million new digital consumers and Thailand, nine million.
But 29.3 percent of the Vietnamese population has yet to participate in the digital economy compared to only 10.1 percent in Thailand.
Google and Temasek predicted Vietnam's e-commerce to grow at 35 percent annually until 2025 period, the highest rate in the region.
Malaysian market research firm iPrice stated Vietnam is becoming one of the “stars” of Southeast Asia's e-commerce market.
- Shopee, Lazada struggle to dominate Vietnam’s e-commerce market
- Amazon’s Share of U.S. E-Commerce Market Approaches 50 Percent
- New approach into Vietnam logistics
- Despite Covid-19, Vietnam sees no online shopping surge
- Vietnam should not pin hopes on trade war truce: experts
- 16% completion of 2nd Niger Bridge: The facts on ground
- Conference seeks ways to boost Vietnam - Barcelona business connection
- Central Vietnam seeks solutions for large-scale projects across sectors
- World coffee lovers treated to Nestlé Vietnam’s new products
- Vietnam and China to cooperate on trade activities though pandemic: minister
- This Japanese woman is spreading seeds of organic agriculture throughout Vietnam
- British explorer against cable car construction in Vietnam’s Son Doong Cave
- How can Vietnam’s real estate market brave the cold
- Hanwha Life Vietnam hits trillion dong first year premium milestone with customer-centric strategy
- Vietnam beer market one of the hottest in the world
- Comprehensive solutions needed to safely eliminate traditional lime kilns in Vietnam
- Parramatta region is Sydney’s best location for scoring first home buyer benefits
- Vietnam's 2015 car sales hit record high
- Vietnam makes big jump in economic freedom index
- Private sector banks try to win back market confidence post YES Bank debacle
Vietnam projected to become region’s 2nd biggest e-commerce market have 332 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.