He made the statement while receiving executives of several leading Swiss enterprises in the fields of infrastructure, heavy industry, high technology, electricity and pharmaceuticals in Bern, Switzerland on November 26-27 (local time).
During reception, Phuc said at the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26), Vietnam committed to reducing greenhouse gas emission to zero by 2050. The country advocated developing clean and renewable energy such as solar and wind power, especially offshore wind power.
Vietnam wants Swiss hi-tech firms to grasp opportunities in these fields, he said, adding that as the country wants to develop infrastructure to connect with economic regions, he also expected more Swiss investment in this field.
Suggesting the Swiss Government offer financial assistance to encourage firms to seek long-term opportunities in Vietnam, he wished that Swiss firms would raise their voice on this issue and push forward negotiations toward the early signing of the Free Trade Agreement between Vietnam and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), thus opening up opportunities for trade and investment activities.
The Vietnamese leader also hailed Swiss companies for assisting Vietnam in the transfer of vaccine and medicine production technology, saying that it benefits both sides as well as helps save cost and time.
Executives wished to partner with Vietnamese firms in the production of vaccines and medicines and other fields in Vietnam.
They also expressed support for the signing of the FTA between Vietnam and the EFTA.
- Visa supports online firms amid COVID-19 pandemic
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 11
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 24
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 16
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 17
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 20
- Gov’t proposes reducing income tax by 30% for small firms
- Vietnam a global bright spot in electronics production
- Joe Lieberman, Being Considered for FBI Director, is from Trump's Go-To Law Firm
- Exchange program calls for support for victims of AO, bombs and mines
- In Twist Ending, Trump Presidency Revealed to Be Morality Tale
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 25
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 22
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 15
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 19
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 16
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 17
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 18
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 21
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 23
Vietnam offers all possible support for Swiss firms: President have 340 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 13, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.