In a meeting regarding importing and producing domestic Covid-19 vaccines and drugs, Chinh said vaccines play a decisive role in preventing the coronavirus, and that the development of vaccines and drugs would help boost Vietnam’s medical capabilities and bolster the country’s pharmaceutical sector.
It is the state and the Party’s stance that Vietnam must be able to produce domestic Covid-19 vaccines and drugs to stay active in the coronavirus fight and save money for the national budget, he said.
Products must remain safe, and there must be no place for corruption, group interests or unfair competition, he stressed.
The Ministry of Health would complete necessary mechanisms to boost production of domestic vaccines and drugs, added Chinh.
Vietnam has so far approved nine types of Covid-19 vaccines from various countries. It is also developing its own domestic vaccine candidates, including Nanocovax and Covivac.
The country is using several antiviral drugs for Covid-19 treatment like molnupiravir, remdesivir or favipiravir.
Vietnam has vaccinated 69.3 million people with at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot. A total 48.4 million people have received two shots.
- Vietnam wants ASEAN to create Covid vaccine supply chain
- Vietnamese firms, agencies sign 25 agreements with foreign partners on PM’s trip in UK
- AstraZeneca announces new investment in Vietnam
- PM attends five conferences on first day of 38th, 39th ASEAN Summits and Related Summits
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 26
- AstraZeneca to fulfill Việt Nam's 30mln vaccine doses order in Nov, signs deal for additional 25mln
- PM suggests strengthening ASEAN-US strategic partnership in different aspects
- PM suggests strengthening ASEAN - U.S. strategic partnership in different aspects
Vietnam must produce own Covid vaccines, drugs: PM have 260 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.