The event was in the framework of Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh's official visit to Japan.
At the meeting, the two defense officials spoke highly of the two sides' all-out efforts to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic and effectively carry out cooperation contents based on the results achieved at the previous dialogue in November 2019. They have maintained exchanges and contacts both in person and via video-conferencing, cooperation in U.N. peacekeeping operations, transfer of defense equipment and technology, cyber security, medicine, and improvement of law enforcement at sea. They have also coordinated with each other in multilateral forums, especially ASEAN-led mechanisms and forums, such as ADMM+ and ARF.
The Japanese official suggested the two sides actively speed up the implementation of new cooperation contents, such as Japan's consideration of and support for airlifting Vietnamese peacekeepers, development of plans on carrying out the memorandums of understanding on cooperation in military medicine and cyber security signed by the two defense ministries, building a draft to early sign new cooperation documents, further implementation of the two governments' agreement on transfer of defense equipment and technology, and cooperation to raise competence of Vietnam's law enforcement force at sea.
He also asked Vietnam to continue supporting Japan to enhance its relations with ASEAN.
For his part, the Vietnamese deputy defense minister applauded Japan for assisting Vietnam in deploying its peacekeeping force to U.N. peacekeeping missions and asked the Japanese Ministry of Defense to continue helping Vietnam in unexploded ordnance clearance and dioxin treatment. He confirmed that the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense supports Japan to actively engage in multilateral defense cooperation mechanisms that ASEAN plays the central role on the basis of ASEAN consensus, contributing to regional and global peace, stability, cooperation and development.
After the dialogue, both officials chaired the signing ceremony of the MoUs on cooperation in military medicine and cyber security between the two defense ministries under the witness of defense ministers of both countries.
During their stay in Japan, General Chien and his entourage visited Japan Marine United Corporation – a leading company in shipbuilding industry, received leaders of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and honorable Chairman of the Sasakawa Peace Foundation.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Vietnam, UK hold second defence policy dialogue
- VN, UK hold second defence policy dialogue
- Second Vietnam-UK defence policy dialogue
- Vietnam-Japan Joint Statement
- President Truong Tan Sang’s Visit to Japan: New Milestone in Vietnam - Japan Relations History
- Vietnam – Japan boost strategic partnership
- Vietnam-Japan joint initiative improves business climate
- VCCI, JETRO & Nikkei BP Co-Host Vietnam – Japan Economic Summit 2013
- Vietnam-Japan extensive strategic partnership for peace and prosperity in Asia
- Full remarks by Gen. Ngo Xuan Lich, Minister of National Defense at 18th Shangri-La Dialogue
- North Korean Missile Delivers a Message: There’s Little Japan Can Do
- UPDATE 5-S.Korean fighter jets fly patrol over islands disputed by Japan
- South Korean fighter jets patrol over islands disputed by Japan
- UPDATE 3-S.Korean fighter jets patrol over islands disputed by Japan
- South Korean fighter jets patrol over islands disputed by Japan - Reuters
- UPDATE 2-S.Korean fighter jet patrols over islands disputed by Japan
- South Korean fighter jet patrols over islands disputed by Japan - Reuters
- South Korean fighter jet patrols over islands disputed by Japan
- Proposing maritime dialogue with China: Chinese media welcomes India’s step
- What Was the Vietnam War About?
Vietnam, Japan holds 8th defense policy dialogue have 549 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.