A court in Vietnam has condemned five men to death for operating an illegal drug ring that trafficked nearly eight kilograms of narcotics.
The trial of Nguyen Duc Chom, 59, Pham Van Khang, 31, Ta Van Cuong, 32, Pham Van Thanh, 38, and Vu Dinh Hai, 48, was conducted at the People’s Court in north-central Nghe An Province on Wednesday.
Chom, Khang, Cuong, and Thanh hail from northern Hai Duong Province, while Hai is a Hanoi resident.
The indictment showed that Chom was the leader of the racket.
On March 26, Chom directed Cuong and Khang to travel to Nghe An Province to buy 5.8 kilograms of drugs from an unidentified man at US$35,000.
The two were later arrested by Nghe An police on their way back after making the purchase.
On May 7, Hai and Thanh received a similar order from Chom.
The two traveled in an automobile from Hanoi to Nghe An and purchased about two kilograms of narcotics at $25,000.
The scheme was once again busted by officers in the north-central province.
As police officers approached, the suspects tried to escape and throw away the drugs, but they were eventually apprehended.
Police expanded their investigation and captured Chom in August.
The ring members claimed they had planned to resell the drugs in northern localities.
At the trial, all five defendants were given the death penalty for illicitly trading and possessing narcotics.
- Vietnam police makes massive haul; seizes quarter ton of ketamine, 90kg stored in pig organs
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 2
- 5 Arrested, Drugs Seized After Investigation Into Mexico-Based Drug Trafficking Operation Targeting Ventura County
- George Floyd: Former police officer Derek Chauvin to be sentenced for murder
- Trucker who killed four in Toronto crash sentenced to eight years
- Derek Chauvin Sentencing: Legal Expert Thinks Ex-Cop Will Get At Least 25 Years
- George Floyd’ s death | Former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin could face decades-long sentence
- Two Men Sentenced For Drug Trafficking Over 400 Kilograms Of Methamphetamine
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 19
- Two Nigerian nationals sentenced to death for drug trafficking
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 18
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 28
- Court finds no 'reasonable grounds' to not link Rhea to drug case
- Malaysia's plans to abolish death penalty could save Sydney grandmother from execution
- Former “Smallville” Actor Allison Mack Has Been Sentenced To Three Years In Prison For Aiding The Secret Sex Cult NXIVM
- Keith Raniere, Leader of Nxivm Sex Cult, Is Sentenced to 120 Years in Prison
- NXIVM 'Sex Cult' Leader Keith Raniere Has Been Sentenced to 120 Years in Prison [Updated]
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 23
- NXIVM Leader Keith Raniere Sentenced To 120 Years In Prison
- Chinese gets death sentence for killing compatriot over gambling money row in Vietnam
Vietnam court sentences five to death for trafficking nearly 8kg of narcotics have 438 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.