Of the three, the drug manufactured by Stellapharm Vietnam has been approved for clinical trial. Because Molnupiravir has yet been granted with a circulation registration number in Vietnam, the Ministry of Health is considering asking the Government for approval of using the drug in emergency cases. If approved by the Government, it is expected that three registration numbers will be issued for three types of Molnupiravir drugs manufactured by domestic pharmaceutical companies.
Regarding the effectiveness of Molnupiravir on COVID-19 patients in Vietnam, the Department of Science, Technology and Training under the Ministry of Health said that from the end of August, the ministry has piloted using Molnupiravir for non-hospitalised patients. Ho Chi Minh City was the first locality to implement this pilot programme. At present, it has been arried out in 34 provinces and cities.
The ministry has provided 110,000 doses, including 50,000 doses of Molnupiravir 400 mg Stella VN, and 60,000 doses of Molnupiravir 200 mg Optimus produced by India to localities.
The use of the drug in 22 provinces and cities show that Molnupiravir is safe and well-accepted, and has obvious effectiveness in reducing viral load, virus spread and the number of severe cases, and shortening treatment time, with no fatalities recorded.
Molnupiravir is developed by the US-based pharmaceutical companies Ridgeback Biotherapeutics and Merck & Co., Inc./.
- Three COVID-19 treatment hospitals set up in Hai Duong province
- Covid-19 treatment hopes as antibody drug made by pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline moves onto phase 3 trial
- Vietnam’s new Covid-19 cases related to new variant
- Vietnam records four COVID-19 case on February 7 morning
- Vietnam approves first Covid-19 vaccine as roll-out begins
- COVID-19: Gout drug Colchicine cuts hospital stays and need for oxygen therapy, study suggests
- Vietnam records four COVID-19 cases on February 7 morning
- Vietnam pushes for medicine self-sufficiency post Covid-19: Fitch Solutions
- Two imported COVID-19 cases confirmed on January 26
- Gia Lai steps up COVID-19 prevention, control efforts
- Ho Chi Minh City: Recovered COVID-19 patient tests positive again
- Britain Hits Highest COVID-19 Death Rate Per Capita in the World
- Moderna Says Its Vaccine Is Effective Against COVID-19 Variants
- WHO Europe Chief Says Region in Midst of COVID-19 'Pandemic Paradox'
- First Two Cases of South African COVID-19 Variant Found in US
- No new cases reported overnight as Việt Nam marks five months after the first COVID-19 case
- Novichok Creator Reveals New Medicine to Effectively Tackle COVID-19
- One more Covid-19 case reported in Hai Duong
- Vietnam has five news Covid-19 cases on Feb. 6
- Hai Duong has 16 new cases of Covid-19
Vietnam able to produce COVID-19 treatment drug Molnupiravir have 428 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.