HÀ NỘI — The health department of the northern province of Bắc Giang on Sunday confirmed that one among four students from two high schools hospitalised due to serious anaphylactic shock after receiving a COVID-19 vaccination has died.
On Wednesday (November 24), 700 high school students at Sơn Động Boarding High School and Sơn Động High School No.2 received their vaccines.
Two with milder reactions were taken care of at Sơn Đông medical station in Bắc Giang, and were discharged on Saturday afternoon, according to Nguyễn Thị Thu Hương, deputy director of the provincial health department.
Two other students, both born in 2005, suffered from more serious reactions, including reports of dizziness, breathing difficulties, chest pain and nausea, and were transported to Bạch Mai Hospital in Hà Nội and both required life support (ECMO).
One did not survive after five days of treatment, while the other’s condition has stabilised.
Bắc Giang Province started a COVID-19 inoculation drive for high school students on November 12, using Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines.
Thu Hương said the province will continue with the vaccination efforts, as other incidents of reactions have been reported, with most being typical and mild.
Việt Nam has approved Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for use in children aged 12-17, but only Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines have been administered due to shortages.
As of Saturday, 32 localities out of 63 in the country – Hà Nội, Hà Nam, Ninh Bình, Bắc Giang, Bắc Ninh, Phú Thọ, Quảng Ninh, Lai Châu, Lạng Sơn, Cao Bằng, Lào Cai, Điện Biên, Đà Nẵng, Khánh Hòa, Ninh Thuận, HCM City, Bà Rịa Vũng Tàu, Đồng Nai, Tiền Giang, Long An, Lâm Đồng, Tây Ninh, Sóc Trăng, An Giang, Vĩnh Long, Đồng Tháp, Bình Dương, Bình Phước, Kiên Giang, Cà Mau, Bạc Liêu, and Hậu Giang – have started vaccinating children.
As many as 3.1 million doses have been injected for this age group, with 457,059 people having received second doses, meaning 29.5 per cent of the targeted population has been given at least one vaccine shot, according to the health ministry. — VNS
- What is Ebola, has there been an outbreak in 2018 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and is there a vaccine?
- What is meningitis, how do you get it, what are the symptoms and what is the meningitis B vaccine trial?
- Mother of slain Parkland student accepts son's posthumous diploma
- Oxford University admits need to improve student diversity after third of colleges accept handful of black applicants
- Employers should let workers have lie-ins to stop them dying early, research finds
- Pupils and staff offered Hep A vaccine
- Teens who killed a man by dropping a sandbag on him from a bridge receive suspended sentence
- What happened to Otto Warmbier in North Korea, how long was he in a coma and when did he die?
- Seo Min-Woo death: 100% lead singer and K-pop star dies aged 33
- Johan van Hulst: Dutch teacher credited with saving 600 Jewish children and babies from Nazis dies, aged 107
- Fine arts student from Hampstead private school among three dead 'graffiti artists' killed by train
- Horror as bus carrying students crashes into flyover tearing roof off
- Tributes paid after two die in road crash
- 19 dead following heavy rains in Pakistan
- Teachers grappling with surge in pupil violence as students ‘throw objects, cut car brakes and smash windscreens’
- The 'tragic' death of a student that led to new measures for eating disorders
- 19 dead, 3,000 need rescued after Laos dam collapses
- Demirören Group chairman dies at Istanbul hospital
- Student nurse’s devastating inoperable brain tumour diagnosis after she started struggling to read text messages
- Student fell to his death from crane after taking Ketamine at black tie ball
Student in Bắc Giang Province dies after receiving COVID-19 vaccine have 671 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.