Le Trung Kien, representative of the Inspection and Supervision Agency at the SBV, stated that the SBV is studying and considering postponing the roadmap to apply a maximum rate of short-term capital banks can use for medium- and long-term loans.
“Given the current situation, it is likely that the SBV will continue to postpone this roadmap implementation for more than a year so that credit institutions could have more adequate resources to support their consumers and aid post-pandemic recovery,with lower lending costs and preferential rates," Kien shared at a seminar organised by the Vietnam Banking Association on November 24.
The roadmap was already delayed once last year by the SBV.
Specifically, last year, the SBV allowed to maintain the rate of 40 per cent until the end of September 30, 2021 and gradually lower thereafter. From October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022, the above rate was set to decrease to 37 per cent; from October 1, 2022 to September 30, 2023 was set to be 34 per cent; and reduced to 30 per cent from October 1, 2023.
In 2019, the SBV announced a draft circular amending and supplementing Circular No.22 on limits and prudential ratios in banking operations, in which it proposed two plans to delay the roadmap.
By Lam Tien
- Short-stay properties and sea changers have left Adriana's hometown with a 'non-existent' rental market
- 'I don't need this!' Wizz Air pilot rants over plane PA system after SEVEN- HOUR delay
- ETMarkets Smart Talk: Reducing our mid & smallcap exposure since September: Deviprasad Nair, Helios Capital
- Best medium to long duration funds to invest in 2022
- During Covid-19 Pandemic, Indians Pawn Gold For Loans as Borrowing From Banks Becomes Tougher
- Popular YouTubers react to Shorts new video remix feature | Digital Trends
- Train strikes this weekend: Every Tube and National Rail delay over Jubilee bank holiday
- Midcap IT stocks will outperform their big brothers: Ashwin Mehta of Ambit Capital
- Banks told to rollout low-interest businesses loans
- Bad Credit Loans: 5 Best Lenders for People With Poor Credit
- 10 Best Debt Consolidation Loans of 2022
- Maximum downside for largecaps could be 5-7%; Infosys, Tech Mahindra top buys: Arun Malhotra
- FD investors should use this formula to get maximum benefit from rising interest rates
- Daily Voice | India will be among best markets globally, if inflation cools off: Rajesh Bhatia of ITI Long-Short Equity Fund
- Market is in a short to medium term downtrend: Alchemy's Hiren Ved
- Venture Capital Funding: Venture capital firms tighten funding tap of Indian startups
- Want to beat inflationary headwinds? Keep it simple; short bond market
- You’re Doing It Wrong: How to Use Long-Tail Keywords to Gain Traffic
- Vivriti Capital raises $30 million from TVS Capital Funds, inches closer to unicorn tag
- Vietnam's stock market has potential in long term
SBV could delay roadmap of using maximum short-term capital for medium- and long-term loans have 429 words, post on vir.com.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.