According to the Department for European-American Markets under the Ministry of Industry and Trade said that Switzerland is one of Vietnam's leading economic partners in the E.U., while Vietnam is the former’s fourth largest trading partner among ASEAN countries.
Regarding investment, by the end of October, Switzerland ranked 20th out of 141 countries and territories pouring capital into Vietnam with 181 projects worth 1.92 billion USD in 12 localities.
President Phuc's official visit is a very special opportunity for the two countries to work together to find solutions to promote the early signing of a Free Trade Agreement between Vietnam and the European Free Trade Association which comprises of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, so as to open up new cooperation opportunities, and realize great potential in the fields of trade, investment, sustainable development, innovation and digital transformation between the two countries.
Swiss Ambassador to Vietnam Ivo Sieber emphasised that Switzerland will continue supporting Vietnam in building a better business and investment environment.
According to the diplomat, Switzerland has issued a related strategy and will implement it in 2021. The strategy aims to assist Vietnam in building a market economy with effective economic frameworks, and help private sector access and participate in global supply chains.
Within the framework of this strategy, Switzerland will provide 75 million USD in non-refundable aid for Vietnam in the next four years.
- State of California hopes to boost trade ties with India
- Bilateral Trade and Investment Agreement needed between India and the European Union: Edgars Rinkevics
- EU's Hogan says bid to reset trade ties with U.S. off to 'good start'
- From trade ties to multifaceted relationship: On agenda during Brazil president’s India visit
- Japan's Abe eyes talks with S.Korea's Moon amid strained diplomatic, trade ties
- Interview: Xi's Myanmar visit expected to enhance bilateral trade, says commerce minister
- India, Uzbekistan explore PTA to push bilateral trade and business with Central Asia
- India and Tunisia focus on expanding bilateral economic ties, to work closely in multilateral forums
- Spotlight: Turkey aims to further strengthen trade ties with Africa in 2020
- UK looks to fast-growing Africa for trade ties after Brexit
- Nation to strengthen bilateral financial ties with Germany
- China Focus: Phase-one deal marks important step toward reshaping China-U.S. economic, trade ties
- Omani minister to visit China to enhance economic ties
- Macron Set to Discuss Bilateral Trade, Investments During Upcoming Trip to India
- Zimbabwe’s president meets visiting Chinese foreign minister
- President Jair Bolsonaro will begin four-day visit to India from Friday
- President to pay first State visit to Bangladesh
- Xi's visit will chart new course for ties with Myanmar
- Phase-1 trade deal with US ‘addressed’ mutual concerns, ‘good’ for both sides: China
- Phase-1 trade deal with US 'addressed' mutual concerns, 'good' for both sides: China
President’s Switzerland visit hoped to foster bilateral trade ties have 444 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.