HÀ NỘI — The Ministry of Health announced 12,450 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, the highest daily figure in over two and a half months.
A further 164 deaths were also recorded across the country.
Among the new cases, 6,842 were found in the community and 21 were imported.
The total number of cases nationwide is now 1,168,228.
Compared to Wednesday, the number of daily cases increased nationally by 640.
Hồ Chí Minh City topped the list with 1,582 new infections, followed by Cần Thơ Province with 741 and Tây Ninh with 683.
The capital city of Hà Nội reported 264 new cases.
The other infections were found in Bình Dương (678), Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (658), Bạc Liêu (617), Đồng Tháp (609), Đồng Nai (543), Vĩnh Long (491), Sóc Trăng (486), Bình Thuận (402), Bến Tre (401), Kiên Giang (397), Bình Phước (342), Trà Vinh (294), Cà Mau (287), An Giang (248), Hậu Giang (239), Lâm Đồng (235), Khánh Hòa (191), Bình Định (159), Hà Giang (135), Gia Lai (128), Tiền Giang (123), Bắc Ninh (122), Nghệ An (118), Long An (110), Thừa Thiên Huế (96), Đắk Lắk (93), Quảng Nam (92), Quảng Bình (91), Đắk Nông (69), Thanh Hóa (69), Đà Nẵng (66), Hòa Bình (64), Thái Bình (60), Vĩnh Phúc (54), Nam Định (42), Quảng Ngãi (39), Phú Thọ (34), Ninh Thuận (32), Tuyên Quang (28), Quảng Trị (26), Hà Tĩnh (26), Phú Yên (24), Bắc Giang (20), Quảng Ninh (19), Hà Nam (18), Điện Biên (17), Lạng Sơn (13), Hưng Yên (13), Thái Nguyên (10), Sơn La (9), Cao Bằng (8 ), Ninh Bình (5), Hải Dương (5), Lào Cai (2) and Hải Phòng (2).
A further 5,627 recoveries were reported on Thursday, taking the total number of patients given the all-clear to 942,888.
There are currently 5,475 patients in a serious condition in hospital; 26 are on life support (ECMO).
Việt Nam has so far administered more than 114.5 million doses of vaccines, and over 46 million people are now fully inoculated. — VNS
- Russia faces 'out-of-control HIV epidemic' after record number of new cases
- New case of mad cow disease discovered at British beef farm
- France investigates new cases of birth defects
- Plunging US new home sales hit 21-month low in September
- Polio eradication target at risk as new cases recorded in Africa
- Half of all new jobs in last 12 months generated in Dublin
- David Flitcroft wants to bring in new striker and centre half to Mansfield Town in January transfer winfow
- David Flitcroft wants to bring in new striker and centre half to Mansfield Town in January transfer window
- Vaping alert: New cases of severe lung illness reported in Canada
- New mum who drank half bottle of vodka then fell asleep on sofa and suffocated her baby avoids jail
- Jeremy Hunt held "constructive" talks with UAE over Matthew Hedges case
- Three STDs reach all-time highs in the US, new CDC report says
- B.C.'s syphilis infection rate the highest it's been in 30 years
- STDs Reach All-Time High with More Than 2.4 Million Cases Reported in US
- Empire State Building shows off new $165 million observatory
- New homeless fears for Rugby
- Mad cow disease case confirmed in Scotland
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month: Are you aware of these 5 subtle symptoms?
- Wakefield housing benefit applicants are waiting almost a month for claims to be completed, data shows
- Risk of homelessness as Wiganers wait almost a month for new housing benefit claims
Over 12,000 new cases on Thursday, highest in two and a half months have 565 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.