HÀ NỘI — The Swiss-designed Geneva Conference Room was inaugurated at the Diplomatic Academy of Việt Nam in Hà Nội on Wednesday.
The inauguration of the room is a highlight within the 50th anniversary celebrations of diplomatic relations between Switzerland and Việt Nam in 2021.
The facility reflects the city's natural surroundings with the lake of Geneva and its mountain scenery.
The room carries special symbolism and offers a new and inspiring connection between Geneva and Hà Nội. As European headquarters of the United Nations, Geneva is the operational heart of the multilateral system. The city earned itself the title of capital of peace, acting as place of dialogue, including for facilitating peace conferences and processes. Geneva's open mind and spirit, allowing for inclusive and tolerant debates among people of different views and opinions, aims at nurturing constructive discussions.
Swiss Ambassador to Việt Nam Ivo Sieber said: "The Geneva Conference Room marks another milestone in the intensifying relations between Switzerland and Việt Nam. From now on, Geneva as Capital of Peace is officially linked with Việt Nam's capital Hà Nội."
Dr. Phạm Lan Dung, Acting President of the Diplomatic Academy of Việt Nam, said: "The Geneva Conference Room highlights the further expansion of bilateral relations, ranging from humanitarian assistance, development aid, trade, investment to education, training and human resource development, which are key to every country's sustainable and long-term development.”
At the inauguration, Swiss Ambassador Ivo Sieber also presented Switzerland's candidacy for a non-permanent seat at the UN Security Council in 2023-2024. — VNS
- Asia Pacific IT conference held in Ha Noi
- Airbus exhibits new A350 XWB aircraft in Ha Noi
- New road poses threat to Ha Noi‘s Imperial Citadel
- Amway Viet Nam opens Ha Noi office
- Vietjet to open Ha Noi-Singapore route
- Vietnam Airlines to open Ha Noi-Sydney route
- New GM dealership launches in Ha Noi
- Japanese airlines opens Ha Noi route
- Jetstar Pacific opens Ha Noi – Pleiku air route
- Dante Society opens centre in Ha Noi
- Drug-resistant tuberculosis troubles doctors in Ha Noi
- “The Color of Ha Noi” exhibition opens
- Famed fiddler returns to Ha Noi
- French amateur photographer introduces Ha Noi's alleys
- Veteran diplomat shares memories about Geneva conference
- Expectations lofty as Lotte Center opens in Ha Noi
- Swiss luxury watchmakers and jeweller open boutiques in Ha Noi
- Protection, Preservation, and Promotion of Ha Noi Heritage Values - 60th anniversary of Hanoi's liberation - My HaNoi
- Ha Noi to open 1,400 hotel rooms
- Vingroup opens Almaz centre in Ha Noi
New Geneva Conference Room opens in Hà Nội have 443 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.