Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam should design incentives to attract investment in biomass power development so as to optimise the country’s great potential in the field, experts said at an online conference on November 25.
Dr. Nguyen Anh Tuan, Director of the Renewable Energy Centre under the Ministry of Industry and Trade’s Institute of Energy said that all regions of Vietnam have biomass power potential.
The development of biomass power has received great attention from the Government and ministries and sectors with the approval of many strategies in association with climate change response , he said.
However, he pointed out that the proportion of biomass power remains negligible at just 0.1 percent of total power generation output of the country due to difficulties in controlling the materials for plants, huge investment and unattractive sale price as well as a shortage of human resources.
According to foreign experts, Vietnam has diverse and huge biomass power resources, but the buying price of biomass power has yet to be attractive enough for investors, while the production cost for the energy remains high.
At the conference, localities made a number of proposals on support for residents in developing material regions for biomass power sector, including assistance in mechanisation and the completion of institution regarding circular organic farming. They also stressed the need for a legal corridor to encourage investment from the community in the field./.
- Viet Nam to face power shortages
- Vietnam to face power shortages
- House: Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Google have “monopoly power,” should be split
- E-sports pros have “dream” jobs—but game publishers have all the power
- 'I could have wept – it was so awful': The moment Boris Johnson lost his battle against lockdown when all-powerful Covid Quad committee was told dead bodies would be stored on ice rinks and the head of the NHS warned of 4,000 deaths
- Recent US Sanctions Increase Risk for Potential Hezbollah Allies
- Britain couldn't have eradicated Covid-19 even if it banned ALL international travel at the start of the pandemic, experts say - and it's far too late now
- "That's A Dictator": Foreign Election Experts Say Trump Is Engaging In Voter Suppression And Intimidation
- China military show of force near Taiwan has experts asking if island could be the 'next Hong Kong'
- Experts urge caution when investing in farmstays
- Group tops 400K signatures to repeal Whitmer's virus powers
- EVFTA set to improve quality of Vietnamese rice: expert
- Enter the Matrix? Nations, Tech Firms Race to Deploy Blockchain to Digitise Global Power: Futurist
- Senior Tories urge ministers to scrap 'illegal' Brexit rule plan
- Not treason, not a crime — but definitely a gross abuse of power
- Armenia-Azerbaijan clashes: US, others must intervene as conflict escalates, experts say
- There IS another way to beat coronavirus, PM - and here it is: Oxford experts DR TOM JEFFERSON and PROFESSOR CARL HENEGHAN reveal the blueprint handed to Boris Johnson
- CDC director says face masks may offer more protection against COVID than a vaccine. Here's what other experts say.
- Australian gov't urged to list right-wing extremists as terrorists
- MORE towns go into lockdown - so is London next? Capital is put on watch list as Wigan, Stockport, and Blackpool are banned from mixing from MIDNIGHT and experts warn R rate could now be as high as 1.5 with 6,874 new cases and 34 deaths
More incentives urged to exploit biomass power potential: Experts have 548 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.