HCM CITY – HCM City will provide the antiviral drug Favipiravir to COVID-19 patients for treatment in place of Molnupiravir since stock of the latter is running low across the city.
HCM City's Department of Health is set to receive 120,000 pills of Favipiravir.
Nguyễn Thị Huỳnh Mai, chief of office at the department, said that medical stations currently providing Molnupiravir to patients can switch to Favipiravir.
The department is also working with the HCM City Oriental Traditional Medicine Association to provide functional foods to boost patients' health.
Molnupiravir is one of the drugs provided to some COVID-19 patients at home, but recently many patients have not been able to access the drug since many medical stations have run out of it.
The department has asked the Ministry of Health for more Molnupiravir.
HCM City continues to be Việt Nam's COVID epicentre at over 462,000 cases as of November 25.
While the average number of new cases during the first week of November was 926, the number rose to 1,378 from November 18 – 25.
HCM City reopened on October 1 after months of strict pandemic preventive measures, lifting many restrictions on travel and outdoor activities.
Around 88.8 per cent of people aged 18 and over in the city have been fully vaccinated. Over 238,000 children aged 12 – 17 have received their second shots. – VNS
- Two large hospitals take shape in HCM City to treat COVID-19 patients
- HCM City proposes VND1trn Covid-19 relief packages
- People leave HCM City due to Covid-19 pandemic
- HCM City steps up COVID-19 preventive measures
- HCM City brings fourth COVID-19 wave under basic control
- HCM City unveils 2nd COVID-19 financial relief package
- Health minister urges HCM City to strengthen COVID-19 prevention measures
- No One’s Safe Anymore: Japan's Osaka City Crumples Under COVID-19 Onslaught
- Telangana HC stays state govt’s contentious circular regulating entry of COVID-19 patients
- One more hospital transformed to treat COVID-19 patients in HCM City
- 40 Covid-19 patients are in critical condition
- 100 more Covid-19 patients announced in Monday noon report
- 71 more Covid-19 patients confirmred on Tuesday morning
- Vietnam confirms 64 more Covid-19 patients as of Wednesday morning
- Ho Chi Minh City traces visitors to downtown Starbucks, bookstore after COVID-19 patients’ visits
- Ho Chi Minh City considers quarantining direct COVID-19 patient contacts at home
- COVID-19 patient in Ho Chi Minh City carries highly contagious Indian variant: HCDC
- Covid-19 patient dies in attempted transfer to big hospital
- Ho Chi Minh City medical center closes again following detection of COVID-19 patients
- 92 more Covid-19 patients announced in Wednesday morning report
HCM City to provide Favipiravir to COVID-19 patients instead of Molnupiravir have 453 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.