The HCM City Department of Industry and Trade has begun a programme called 'Mobile price-stabilisation sales points' at export processing zones and industrial parks to ensure workers there can buy safe foods at fair prices.
|A mobile price-stabilised sales point has been set up at the Tan Thuan Export Processing Zone in HCM City's District 7. Photo nld.com.vn|
At each sales point, around 100 fresh food products such as pork, frozen beef, vegetables, and fruits and processed foods from brands such as Cho Sale, Go Green, Grove Fresh, Nutifood, TTC, and Coca-Cola are sold at prices that are 5-10 per cent lower than market prices.
Besides, many of the items are sold at discounts of 10-50 per cent.
Nguyen Nguyen Phuong, deputy director of the department, said the programme seeks to supply essential goods at stable prices to workers, help businesses resume safe production and ensure quality and food safety and hygiene.
It is being trialled at the Tan Thuan EPZ and Linh Trung 1 and Linh Trung 2 IPs from November 22 to March 31, and the department and the Export Processing Zones and Industrial Parks Authority will then evaluate its effectiveness to expand to all EPz and IPs in the city.
Source: Vietnam News
- Domestic property price to be stable in H2
- 'No jobs on the horizon': workers respond to General Motors' decision to close plant
- U.S. labor market on solid ground; mid-Atlantic factories sputter
- Can Boris revive house prices in the North-East? Only if more money is spent on infrastructure, say experts
- Brawl Talk: Treachery In Beatdown City Interview
- Our Steam Sale Picks, Round 3!
- Uber, Lyft and others must have rules or workers will lose out
- Nearly 100 fuselages that were bound for Boeing's 737-MAX facility sit outside a factory in Kansas as production on troubled aircraft grinds to a halt
- Will Vietnam become a new global factory?
- Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic is a brutalist city-builder
- Deere workers grapple with fallout from Trump's trade war
- 'Students have a bad name': how cities are healing the town v gown divide
- Persimmon expects higher profits as help-to-buy props up prices
- Soros-Linked NGOs Fell Victim To A Big, Sophisticated Undercover Operation. Hungary’s Prime Minister Has Benefited The Most.
- What Miranda Lambert’s Album Sales Say About Sexism at Country Radio
- Whole Foods’ Amazon-powered price cuts are live, have already expanded to include several grocery staples
- Bjarke Ingels on the New York Dryline: 'We think of it as the love-child of Robert Moses and Jane Jacobs'
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 18
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 21
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 19
HCM City pilots price stabilised sale points to benefit factory workers have 415 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.