The Tan Binh District Field Hospital for Covid-19 treatment has 700 beds but has had to admit over 800 patients.
“We received 79 more patients on November 24, raising the total number of patients to 834 while the hospital’s current capacity is only 700,” the doctor said.
More than 100 patients are having to use extra beds that are placed along the corridors.
At present there are over 70 doctors and 130 nurses working at the hospital. Doctor Duc said that they are proposing to the municipal Health Department to send more staff as they are planning to raise the hospital's capacity.
A report from the hospital said that during a week from November 16-22, the hospital admitted 569 patients, discharged 507 others after their recovery, and reported 22 deaths.
Ho Chi Minh City is still the biggest Covid-19 epicentre in Vietnam, which is reporting a resurgence in the number of infections after a short time easing social distancing measures. On Thursday the city recorded 1,582 new cases, raising the total number of infections in the city to 462,371.
- Three COVID-19 field hospitals to be set up in Hải Dương Province as new cases spike
- Third Covid-19 field hospital to be handed over to Hai Duong
- Three COVID-19 treatment hospitals set up in Hai Duong province
- UK COVID-19 variant found in patients in Hai Duong, Quang Ninh
- COVID-19 free hospital areas could save lives after surgery –Study
- COVID-19: New variant blamed for surge in coronavirus deaths in Los Angeles
- LA County Surpasses 11K COVID-19 Deaths, Hospitals Overwhelmed
- COVID-19: Are hospital patients getting younger?
- COVID-19: New variant blamed for surge in coronavirus cases in Los Angeles
- Roundup: U.S. COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations drop while deaths still increase
- US COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations drop while deaths still increase
- COVID-19 Vaccine Locator Website Launches In Florida
- Contacts with new COVID-19 case in HCM City are tested and quarantined
- Ho Chi Minh City: Recovered COVID-19 patient tests positive again
- HCM City detects one COVID-19 case linked to Hai Duong
- HCM City: Quiet coach station, airport several days before Tet
- Vietnamese maternity hospital shut down after visitor caught COVID-19
- Zimbabwe Buries 2 Ministers, Former Prison Chief Amid COVID-19 Surge
- HCMC reports 604 people from Covid-19 epicenters, Covid-19 hit areas
- ‘It’s A Literal Race Against The Virus’: Carbon Health’s Dr. Caesar Djavaherian On COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
HCM City Covid-19 field hospital overloaded as patients surge have 395 words, post on dtinews.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.