Ben Tre (VNA) – V1-3 Ben Tre wind power plant , the first of its kind in the Mekong Delta province of Ben Tre, was put into operation on November 28.
Construction of the 7-turbine wind power plant began in April 2020 with a total investment of 1.5 trillion VND (over 66.1 million USD). It has a capacity of 30MW.
The plant is expected to generate an average output of 90 million kWh per year, and annually contribute 20 billion VND (over 882,000 USD) to the State budget in the first 14 years of its operation.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony, Chairman of the provincial People's Committee Tran Ngoc Tam said the operation of the plant contributes to concretising the province's goal of maritime economic development, including the development of clean energy, thus helping promote its socio-economic development.
He praised the investor, local authorities and sectors for their efforts and support for the project, while asking the provincial Department of Industry and Trade to coordinate with relevant agencies to remove difficulties and obstacles to speed up construction of other wind power plants in Ben Tre .
According to the provincial Department of Industry and Trade, in the period 2015-2020, Ben Tre province was approved by the Ministry of Industry and Trade to develop wind power projects with a total capacity of more than 1,000 MW.
Currently, 19 wind power projects are being implemented in the province. In 2022 and the following years, 17 other projects will be developed with a total capacity of more than 914 MW.
In addition, Ben Tre has proposed to add 26 projects with a total capacity of 6,400 MW. By 2025, power projects in the province are expected to generate an average power output of over 4.5 billion kWh with a total revenue of more than 10 trillion VND per year./.
- Ormat Announces First Geothermal and Solar Hybrid Power Plant
- Final decision on proposed Burrillville power plant set for June
- $869M St. Charles Entergy power plant operational
- Massive Entergy power plant in Willis taking shape
- Massachusetts power plant cooling towers demolition draws spectators
- NextEra Energy pulls plug on two wind power projects
- Nuclear power plant workers prep for shutdown after 47 years
- Utility faces federal investigation over failed power plant
- Good-bye to another Texas coal-fired power plant
- Say goodbye to another Texas coal-fired power plant
- Watch: Video shows demolition of Massachusetts’ last coal-fired power plant
- Texas making the case for new power plants
- Somerset power plant owner proposes conversion to data center
- A Louisville Power Plant’s Demise Signals a Reckoning for Coal
- Study suggests phasing out 2 units at power plant
- A strong bipartisan vote for wind power in CT
- Three Mile Island nuclear power plant to close
- NJ Transit moving forward with natural gas power plant
- Trump EPA close to gutting Obama rule on coal power plants
- Trump EPA Guts Obama Rule on Coal-Fired Power Plants
First wind power plant in Ben Tre put into operation have 462 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.