HÀ NỘI — Flight VN98 by national carrier Vietnam Airlines landed in the US on Monday morning, marking the completion of the first commercial non-stop flight from Việt Nam to the US after the direct route was officially approved.
The flight, which departed from HCM City’s Tân Sơn Nhất at 8:57pm Sunday (Việt Nam time), conducted on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner, arrived at San Francisco International Airport at 7:42pm Sunday (US time), or 10:42 Monday (Việt Nam time).
The flight took 13 hours and 45 minutes to traverse the journey of 13,000km.
Ivar C. Satero, Director of the San Francisco Airport, said he was proud to be the first US airport to serve the regular flights from Việt Nam with world-class experience.
This also makes San Francisco Airport the gateway in the US for Vietnamese passengers to go to different places in the San Francisco Bay area, he noted.
Vietnam Airlines said it is organising two regular direct flights each week between HCM City and San Francisco and planning to increase the frequency to 7 flights a week once the pandemic is under control and the Vietnamese Government permits the reopening of regular international flights.
The carrier is also considering opening up new routes to the US, like between Los Angels and Hà Nội or HCM City.
Flights between Việt Nam and the US are carried out entirely by Vietnam Airlines’ most modern wide-body fleet, Boeing 787 and Airbus A350.
With the establishment of the Việt Nam-US air bridge, passengers will have more opportunities to move quickly and conveniently between the two countries, which will help contribute to the promotion of economic ties, cultural exchange and strengthening relations between Việt Nam and the US. — VNS
- 1st non-stop flight from Egypt's Cairo to China's Hangzhou takes off
- Ethiopian Airlines makes historic flight to Eritrea
- FDI sector plays crucial role in Việt Nam’s economic growth
- Land use regulations need changing for large-scale agriculture production
- NASA picks Boeing, Sierra Nevada, and SpaceX for Commercial Crew
- Obama Arrives In Cuba For Historic Visit
- Game of Thrones filming locations and tours that will make an epic holiday for fans
- Timor-Leste: what it's like to travel in a land without tourists
- Tonys: 'Hamilton' Makes History With 16 Nominations
- The Jetpack Makes Its Debut in China
- Pentagon pursues AI for space war to stop anti-satellite weapons
- British Airways flight full of journalists travelling to Africa delayed for 21 hours
- 'Stop hiding behind the bravery of frontline firefighters': Grenfell families slam brigade chief Dany Cotton and call for senior officers to be prosecuted over 'gravely inadequate' response to tower tragedy
- World’s most bizarre laws that could land you in jail – from feeding pigeons and accidentally touching a stranger to sitting on church steps
- Keystone XL: police discussed stopping anti-pipeline activists 'by any means'
- 'Inspiration in dark times': books to make sense of Brexit
- Plane carrying £15m Cardiff City star Emiliano Sala could have been brought down by ICE on the wings, say experts - after its part-time pilot admitted to being 'rusty' with landing system
- Thousands of airline passengers stranded by blizzards, power cuts at terminals, widespread road closures, pileups on icy roads and 'historic' storms cause Thanksgiving getaway CHAOS for millions
- Air New Zealand plane is forced to turn back near the Iranian border for having the wrong paperwork - just days after China denied the airline permission to land
- A glimpse of romantic France high up on Bà Nà Mountain
First commercial non-stop flight from Việt Nam to US makes historic landing have 589 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.