The central city of Da Nang anticipates that it will welcome more than 10,000 foreign visitors over the coming months when it enters a new normal.
Approximately 10,000 foreign tourists will visit the central city between November and February next year, with many coming from the Republic of Korea and Japan, said Nguyen Xuan Binh, deputy director of the municipal Tourism Department, at a conference on November 19.
He added that a number of travel companies have been working with the department in order to develop their plans to serve foreign guests. Among those, Hanatour plans to welcome 1,500 travelers every month, while Mode Tour will bring 3,000 holidaymakers to the city.
Da Nang is one of the five localities that are allowed to receive foreign travelers on a trial basis under a pilot scheme approved by the Prime Minister. The other four localities are Khanh Hoa, Kien Giang, Quang Nam and Quang Ninh.
To be eligible to visit Vietnam, all tourists must possess a vaccination certificate or COVID-19 recovery certificate which is recognised by Vietnam's authorities.
Before entry, they must have received a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days and no longer than 12 months upon arrival.
Travellers are also required to have a certificate proving that they test negative for SARS-CoV-2 by RT-PCR/RT-LAMP within 72 hours prior to their departure.
Most notably, they must have travel insurance that covers COVID-19, with a minimum liability of US$50,000, whilst visitors must also purchase a tour package from a travel agency.
Tourists have to commit to staying with their group and are not permitted to leave pre-arranged locations. If guests wish to visit locations that are not included in the pilot programme, they have to register with tourism agencies and inform authorities in the host localities in advance.
- Surge of Thai visitors lifts Da Nang hopes for tourism market diversity
- Da Nang int’l fireworks fest to kick off on April 30
- First Chiang Mai-Da Nang flight brings 180 tourists to central region
- Da Nang a big draw for South Koreans celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival
- Ao Dai show to debut in Da Nang
- Da Nang police to remove language barrier, better respond to foreign violators
- Cambodia Angkor Air begins direct flights from Phnom Penh to Da Nang
- Da Nang continues drawing more investment
- US Navy officers visit Da Nang’s centre for mentally ill patients
- Vietnamese men break Japanese domination at Da Nang international marathon
- Vietnam welcomes 7.3 million foreign visitors in first five months
- JMSDF minesweeper vessels visit Da Nang
- Cham Islands officials resist plan to send tourist boats from Da Nang
- Japanese navy minesweepers arrive in Da Nang city
- Thailand plans to promote "home lodge" places for foreign visitors next year
- Quang Ninh hosts 15 millionth foreign tourist to Vietnam
- Da Lat flower festival promises attractive activities
- Far East shoppers fuel £4BILLION Boxing Day Brexit sales bonanza: Foreign tourists take advantage of weak pound to steal deals
- State Expected To Grant Danbury Library $100K For Upgrades
- Welcoming new lawmakers, British PM Johnson vows a speedy Brexit
Da Nang expects to welcome over 10,000 foreign visitors have 485 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.