Ly Son Island off the coast of Quang Ngai Province in Central Vietnam is said to be the "azure island" as the seawater is so azure and pure that it gives visitors a feeling of seeing through the seabed.
Dip your hands into the water and you'll feel the coral reefs beneath, it seems!
|A beach on Ly Son Island.|
Ly Son Island, a.k.a. Cu Lao Re, is about 15 nautical miles (24 kilometers) from the coast of Quang Ngai.
On an area of 10 square kilometers, Ly Son is endowed with a host of mesmerizing scenic spots, ranging from historical relics to pagodas, temples, water wells and caves. Prominent among them is Sa Huynh archeological site.
|Coracles waiting for tourists.|
The island was formed by volcanic eruptions millions of years ago. The soil on the island is therefore suitable only for the cultivation of garlic and onion. Viewed from above, garlic fields on Ly Son paint beautiful pictures of white and green of the plants growing on them.
A complete narration of Ly Son cannot be done without mentioning coral. Coral reefs in the area of Ly Son are so abundant that many of the dead ones are washed ashore to form several rows along the beaches. Schools of fish in different shapes, sizes and colors are often seen swimming through the reefs. That is also what makes a visit to Ly Son outstanding from a trip to other sea or island destinations.
|The azure water washes up on the beaches of Ly Son.|
Many islanders on Ly Son are seasoned seafarers and all keep a smile on their faces. They have quite a few stories to share with visitors, from seagoing experience and local lifestyles to dishes on the island and goods brought to their residence from the mainland.
It's true to say that Ly Son is a "paradise" in Vietnam. The beautiful island seems to be the meeting point of dreams of both the sky and the sea. Romantic scenes, hospitable residents and peaceful lifestyles, all combine to create what is typical of this island in Quang Ngai.
|Sunrise on the island.|
A visit to Ly Son Island is a multipurpose trip: it is not only a beautiful venue which entails natural characteristics of volcanic formation but also a place where the nation's cultural and historical traits can be seen and told.
- Are wrong persons leading our “Islands of Excellence”?
- China Touts Plan to Rebuild South China Sea Reefs Destroyed by Military Buildup
- Save The Islands Of Excellence: Problems Ailing NLUs
- Watch: Mysterious 30-Foot 'Sea Serpent' Spotted Underwater By Diver
- Watch: Mysterious Sea Creature With Dozens Of Tentacles Found By Beachgoers
- Philippines Sues China for Harvesting Clams in Disputed South China Sea
- Mysterious 'Blob-Like' Sea Creature With Yellow Hue Baffles Experts, Draws Weird Comparisons
- Why is the Olympic diving pool green? The good news is it's not urine
- Washed Away: As Sea Levels Rise, Island Nations Look to the Law to Fend off Extinction
- Fujikawa headed for another island
- Mechanic, 29, who ‘hijacked’ plane jokes with Seattle air traffic control moments before crashing into island
- Inside Hawaii's wild summer of broken high temperature records
- Government News 10/12
- Clare Bailey says climate threat will supersede constitutional politics
- Surprise Rescue of Jamaica Coral Reefs Shows Nature Can Heal
- Life and death on a superyacht: 'If something goes wrong, they can just raise the anchor and leave'
- Energy & Environmental Law Update - July 14, 2014
- Dog thought to have cancer gets operation; turns out he just loves teddy bears too much
- Sydney Harbour is where navies come to show off: US warships steam into Australia carrying fighter jets and attack helicopters - weeks after China's propaganda visit
A green island amidst the azure sea have 610 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.