Ly Son Island off the coast of Quang Ngai Province in Central Vietnam is said to be the "azure island" as the seawater is so azure and pure that it gives visitors a feeling of seeing through the seabed.
Dip your hands into the water and you'll feel the coral reefs beneath, it seems!
|A beach on Ly Son Island.|
Ly Son Island, a.k.a. Cu Lao Re, is about 15 nautical miles (24 kilometers) from the coast of Quang Ngai.
On an area of 10 square kilometers, Ly Son is endowed with a host of mesmerizing scenic spots, ranging from historical relics to pagodas, temples, water wells and caves. Prominent among them is Sa Huynh archeological site.
|Coracles waiting for tourists.|
The island was formed by volcanic eruptions millions of years ago. The soil on the island is therefore suitable only for the cultivation of garlic and onion. Viewed from above, garlic fields on Ly Son paint beautiful pictures of white and green of the plants growing on them.
A complete narration of Ly Son cannot be done without mentioning coral. Coral reefs in the area of Ly Son are so abundant that many of the dead ones are washed ashore to form several rows along the beaches. Schools of fish in different shapes, sizes and colors are often seen swimming through the reefs. That is also what makes a visit to Ly Son outstanding from a trip to other sea or island destinations.
|The azure water washes up on the beaches of Ly Son.|
Many islanders on Ly Son are seasoned seafarers and all keep a smile on their faces. They have quite a few stories to share with visitors, from seagoing experience and local lifestyles to dishes on the island and goods brought to their residence from the mainland.
It's true to say that Ly Son is a "paradise" in Vietnam. The beautiful island seems to be the meeting point of dreams of both the sky and the sea. Romantic scenes, hospitable residents and peaceful lifestyles, all combine to create what is typical of this island in Quang Ngai.
|Sunrise on the island.|
A visit to Ly Son Island is a multipurpose trip: it is not only a beautiful venue which entails natural characteristics of volcanic formation but also a place where the nation's cultural and historical traits can be seen and told.
- This 2020, turn your fantasies into reality with the Flix First Premiere of Fantasy Island on &flix
- Spectacular Drone Footage Captured of Planet's Largest Group of Nesting Green Sea Turtles
- Lookback: Rounding Cape Horn — a nightmare at sea
- Palau Provides Pentagon With Green Light for US Military Base Construction
- Foreigners exempt from travel permits to visit Phu Quy island
- Inside Love Island stars Siannise and Luke T’s romantic Crete holiday as they hit back at split rumours
- The Aeolian Islands
- China’s launch of 4 ‘aircraft-carrier destroying’ missiles into South China Sea ‘could raise risk of clash with US’
- Love Island’s Amber Gill wows in a tiny orange bikini in tropical throwback with sister
- Antarctic ice shelves covering four times the area of the UK could COLLAPSE if rising temperatures cause existing cracks to become filled with meltwater - sending global sea levels surging, scientists warn
- Canaries see a record 338 new coronavirus cases and Balearics suffer their highest daily spike of 525 infections as Spanish holiday islands battle to save holiday season
- How Trump will 'deal' with the world :)
- 2 dead and 2 missing after boats collide during oil spill clean-up in Mauritius
- Expert panel
- China's First Homemade Carrier Shandong Sets Out for Drills
- Awards ceremony of environment-minded contest closed
- Opinion: Don't take unnecessary risks, a second coronavirus wave is definitely coming!
- Coronavirus digest: Wearing masks not enough, says WHO
- Best Minecraft seeds for 1.16
- Plan a budget-friendly trip to Abu Dhabi with our guide on the most unique places to stay, explore and eat
A green island amidst the azure sea have 642 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.