A total of 42 wind power plants featuring a total capacity of 2,131.3MW have been approved for commercial operation as of mid-November, according to data released by Electricity of Vietnam (EVN).
Some of the major plants to name are Phuong Mai 1, Huong Tan, Tan Linh, Nhon Hoa 1, Nhon Hoa 2, BT1, Win Energy Chinh Thang, Lien Lap, Gelex 2, Ea Nam, Hoang Hai, Phong Huy, Phuoc Minh, Ia Bang 1, and Ia Pet – Dak Doa 1.
The Ministry of Industry and Trade has recently updated Vietnam's national power development master plan for 2021-2030 with a vision to 2024 (Power Development Plan VIII) for comments and recommendations from scientists and experts, as well as business associations from Europe, the United States, Japan, the Republic of Korea and others.
Compared to the March draft plan, the November update encourages the development of clean, renewable energy sources in line with greenhouse gas emission reduction commitments made by Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh at the recent 26th UN Climate Change Conference (COP 26) in the United Kingdom.
Currently, Vietnam imports fossil fuels for several thermal power plants. However, in its updated plan, the Ministry of Industry and Trade suggested reducing thermal power and developing renewable energy, including offshore wind power which it said will be given priority in the near future.
- Guimaras wind power project takes off
- Luzon grid to gain 93MW of wind power
- Only 6.1 MW left for wind power incentive
- Microsoft enters 20-year deal for Texas wind power
- 250 MW wind power to go online in 2015
- PHINMA Energy defers Sual coal-fed power project
- ERC approves new FIT for wind power
- Denmark firm working on 1,000 MW wind power output
- EPI starts construction of Subic wind, solar power projects
- EPI to build multibillion wind, solar projects in Subic
- PetroEnergy earmarks P6.7-billion capex for 4 new power projects
- Guimaras tapped for P6.3-B wind power farm
- Ayala invests in Indonesia wind farm project
- Panay wind project starts operations
- US wind industry projects on shaky ground
- Odin Energy to put up PH wind power
- PSALM collects P19.65 billion for San Roque power project
- NCIP asked to adopt shorter 75-day process on power project approvals
- Alsons Power sets $180M capex for new power projects
- Guidelines for big-ticket power projects out soon
42 wind power projects permitted to operate commercially have 353 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.