With more than 400 investment projects worth over 5 billion USD, Vietnam is currently the third largest foreign investor in Laos, after Thailand and China, he said.
In recent years, the Vietnamese business community in Laos has not only contributed to the Lao budget but also donated tens of millions of USD to social security activities, developing infrastructure facilities and creating jobs for thousands of Lao labourers.
It has also helped change Lao labourers' awareness of shifting from small-scale production to commodity-based production, contributing to creating a new and fundamental orientation to promote sustainable production development in the country.
Vietnamese Ambassador to Laos Nguyen Ba Hung praised efforts of the Vietnamese business community in Laos to overcome difficulties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, and expressing his delight at the increasing number of new projects invested by Vietnamese firms in Laos despite the health crisis.
He urged Vietnamese enterprises operating in Laos to update and further promote application of new technologies and digital transformation in order to maximise the efficiency of their production and business activities and effectively adapt to the pandemic.
The diplomat called on Vietnamese businesses to strengthen coordination and support each other, contributing to further tightening the Vietnam – Laos great relationship.
He took the occasion to applaud active contributions of Vietnamese enterprises in Laos to both countries’ fight against COVID-19./.
- Party Central Committee’s meeting discuss socio-economic development
- ODA funds remain key in Vietnam’s socio-economic development: Deputy PM
- Experts propose three phases for post-pandemic economic development
- NA, Gov’t officials consult with experts on socio-economic affairs
- Ca Mau to focus on sea-based economic development
- N.A., Gov’t officials consult with experts on socio-economic affairs
- Cà Mau to focus on sea-based economic development
- Vietnamese businesses prompt actions for economic revival
- Overseas Vietnamese, int’l friends make great contributions to Vietnam’s vaccine coverage goal
- Heng Swee Keat: 'Nature is not, & cannot be, just a passive victim of economic development'
- BAT affirms sustainable investment to environment for economic development
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 12
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 1
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 5
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 7
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 6
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 27
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 4
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 25
Vietnamese businesses greatly contribute to Laos’s socio-economic development have 443 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.