A health worker takes sample for Covid-19 testing in HCM City
According to the ministry’s report, 3,175 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 48 localities including HCM City (1,059), Binh Duong (537), Dong Nai (517), Tay Ninh (156), An Giang (117), and Kien Giang (93). There were 18 imported patients confirmed today.
The new infections showed a decrease of 36 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 1,339 infections found in the community.
As of Sunday evening, 859,372 infections have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April. Some localities that have recorded the highest number of patients include HCM City (417,724), Binh Duong (225,414), Dong Nai (58,622), Long An (33.738), and Tien Giang (15,011). The outbreak has so far spread to 62 out of 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 864,053. The country now stands 40th among 223 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On October 17, an additional 1,340 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 791,844.
On Sunday evening, a further 63 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 21,194. The deaths were reported in some localities including HCM City (38), Binh Duong (13), Dong Nai (2), Kien Giang (2), Soc Trang (2), Dak Lak (2), Quang Ngai (1), Bac Lieu (1), Binh Thuan (1), and Dak Nong (1).
Vietnam today administered more than 1.25 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The country has so far conducted over 61.91 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 17.84 million people having received two doses.
- Trump ignites firestorm over number of hurricane-related deaths in Puerto Rico
- Cancer-related deaths fall 26 percent between 2001 and 2015
- Drug-related deaths: Knox, Anderson counties see 41 percent jump
- Early numbers show a drop in opioid-related deaths in the state
- More than 90 people die annually in selfie-related deaths, study finds
- Editorial: A sobering report on alcohol-related deaths
- Terrorism-Related Deaths Fell 27 Percent In 2017, State Department Says
- Fire related deaths in Michigan surpass totals from 2017
- Kentucky mom runs for awareness for pregnancy-related deaths
- College freshman falls 10 stories to her death during Halloween party
- Ninth adenovirus-related death reported at Wanaque Center
- UEFA Champions League Report: Valencia v Juventus 19 September 2018
- Death by selfie: Study finds ‘a major public health problem’
- Drug overdose deaths report: South, North Knoxville among hardest hit
- Selfie Deaths Claimed 250 People, Most Often By Drowning: Report
- FEMA director says there's 'difference between direct deaths and indirect deaths' in Puerto Rico, following Trump remarks
- Daily Business Report-Oct. 29, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
- The Hurricane Maria death toll President Trump denied, explained
- Deaths of Despair
- ConnectOne Bancorp, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2018 Results
Vietnam reports falling number of Covid-19-related deaths have 432 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.