The three localities with the highest numbers of infections are Ho Chi Minh City with 1,255 cases, Binh Duong with 483 cases and Dong Nai with 390 cases.
Also on Thursday, 71 deaths were added, with 41 cases in Ho Chi Minh City, 12 in Binh Duong, five in Long An, four in An Giang, three in Soc Trang, two each in Ninh Thuan and Dong Nai, and one each in Quang Ngai and Hanoi.
The total coronavirus deaths so far is 21,847, accounting for around 2.5 percent of all infections.
1,541 Covid-19 patients were also announced recovered on Thursday, bringing the total number of recovered cases to 798,124.
Around 49.3 million people have been vaccinated with at least one Covid-19 shot. 19.4 million people have been fully vacicnated.
A government directive on assessing the pandemic level in each locality comprises two primary criteria: the proportion of people aged 18 and more that have been vaccinated, and the number of new cases per 100,000 people in a week. Based on these, areas are classified into zones with very high, high, medium and low risks.
58 of 63 cities and provinces in the country have announced their risk level and only the southern Binh Duong Province has classified itself as of high risk. Hanoi is a low-risk area while HCMC and Da Nang are of medium risk.
- Vietnam records 8,752 Covid-19 cases
- New Zealand extends nationwide lockdown as country records 11 new COVID cases
- New Zealand Returns to Full Lockdown After Discovery of Local COVID case
- Florida Shatters Records For New Covid Cases And Hospitalizations As Gov. DeSantis Resists Calls For New Restrictions
- Laos records 440 new Covid cases, two more deaths
- NSW records 16 new covid cases as more restrictions announced
- New Zealand on high alert after a mystery local Covid case is found in Auckland with no known links to the border
- New Zealand considers splitting the country in TWO to fight Indian Delta outbreak as it records another 21 Covid cases
- India Records Over 35K Covid Cases In The Last 24 Hrs, Recovery Rate Continues To Remain 97 %
- 'We don't want to live like Sydney': ACT records 16 new COVID cases, as Barr gives lockdown warning
- Delhi Records 52 Fresh Covid Cases, One New Death; Positivity Rate at 0.08%
- Crisis cabinet meeting in New South Wales after state records 344 new local Covid cases; Melbourne lockdown extended
- Victoria records 20 new local COVID cases as Melbourne sweats on lockdown extension
- Florida Sets Another Single-Day Record For New COVID Cases
- ACT records 16 new COVID cases as government opens vaccine registrations for 16-29-year-olds
- Delhi Records 19 New Covid Cases, Lowest Since April 15 Last Year; Zero Death
- Queenslanders in border zone told to 'stay at home' as state records three new COVID cases
- TS records 569 new COVID cases
- UK records 30,215 Covid cases in second rise in two days - along with 86 new deaths
- India records 25,166 Covid cases, lowest in 154 days
Vietnam records 3,618 more local Covid cases have 444 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.