The Ministry of Health reported 3,193 additional COVID-19 cases across Vietnam on Sunday, alongside 1,340 recoveries and 63 fatalities.
The latest cases, including 18 imported and 3,175 local infections, were documented in 48 provinces and cities, the health ministry said, adding that 1,339 patients were detected in the community.
Ho Chi Minh City logged 1,059 of the locally-infected cases, Binh Duong Province 537, Dong Nai Province 517, Tay Ninh Province 156, An Giang Province 117, Kien Giang Province 93, Khanh Hoa Province 40, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 10, and Hanoi 10.
Vietnam had registered 3,211 domestically-acquired infections on Saturday.
The country has confirmed 859,372 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave emerged on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City is still the largest epicenter with 417,724 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 225,414, Dong Nai Province with 58,622, Long An Province with 33,665, Tien Giang Province with 15,011, Dong Thap Province with 9,150, Khanh Hoa Province with 8,481, Da Nang with 4,932, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,397, and Hanoi with 4,338.
Vietnam logged only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 1,340 recoveries on Sunday, elevating the total to 791,844.
The toll has soared to 21,194 deaths after the ministry documented 63 fatalities on the same day, including 38 in Ho Chi Minh City and 13 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has recorded 864,053 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered nearly 62 million vaccine doses, including 1,254,443 shots on Saturday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
More than 17.8 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities target to inoculate at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Suspected cases of mumps in Surrey hit record high
- Why is the UK seeing a rise in measles cases?
- More measles vaccines for Queenstown area
- Mumps cases triple in Bristol
- Child critically ill in Auckland as measles cases grow
- Urgent vaccination warning to parents as measles cases rise
- Q'town measles tally at 19
- Measles tally at 19
- The countries that trust vaccines the least
- France has lowest levels of trust in vaccines globally
- Flu jab take-up so strong vaccine supplies low
- Jessica Biel 'lobbies against new vaccination bill'
- Vietnam Airlines secures first license for direct US flights
- Flu cases down overall in NZ, but not in South
- Jeffrey Epstein signed will two days before death, records show
- Burnley target TWO new faces
- MMR vaccination rates in Coventry at 10-year low
- HPV vaccine to be given to boys from September
- Boys will be given full access to HPV vaccine from September
- MMR vaccination rate in Plymouth at its lowest for years
Vietnam records 3,193 new COVID-19 cases, has administered almost 62 million vaccine doses have 423 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.